Happy Holidays family.Here is some data that you have all been eagerly awaiting.Consider it a Christmas gift.
After a few years of intense and proven research, here are the children (of whom I am aware) of Michael KINSEL & Nancy LANE.There were at least 10.That fact was stated in a family history that was found in one of the Libraries.I am in contact with descendants of 8 of these "known" lines.
The surname KINSEL has been altered from state to state and may appear as KINSEL, KINSELL, KINSELE, KINSALE, KENSALE, KINSAIL, KINZEL, or several other ways.Don't let the spelling be an issue.No arguing over the correct way - moot point.Like I said, I do have proof for the names of all of Michael & Nancy's children except one of the girls, whom I shall list as the first one.First child may not be her actual birth order.We know of her existence through early Census Records, grouped only by the age ranges with gender specification.It would be wonderful if we could pin down her true identity:
1. a daughter, of whom I do not have a name, nor whom she married, if at all. Suggestions that her name could have been Mary or "Polly", which is a nickname for Mary.Jane or "Jenny/Jennie", which is a nickname for Jane. Sarah or "Sallie/Sally", which is a nickname for Sarah.Ellen, Eliza, Susan, Martha, or Angeline.These are names for which the children listed below named some of their children.
[Based on the naming patterns of the family, who were usually named after family members, or surnames of other allied family used as middle names for some of the sons.]
2. Elizabeth KINSEL married Thomas HARPER.They settled in Perry Co., OH and had 12 children.Some of their offspring stayed in Perry Co, others went to Jackson and Vinton Co, OH, and others moved west to IL, MO, KS, and NE.
3. John KINSEL married Sophena DAYMUDE.They moved to the Columbus, OH area.John probably died in OH.Then Sophena moved to IL with the children.When some of the children became adults, moved to IA, NE, CO and CA.
4. "Nancy" Frances Ann KINSEL married James Fenton DAYMUDE, a brother of Sophena DAYMUDE.They may have been half-siblings though, having different mothers.Nancy and James moved to IL and some of their children died there, others moved west to IA.
5. Margaret KINSEL married Francis KIRKPATRICK.They had 3 children, but data is conflicting as to their gender.It is unknown if the children died or grew up to adulthood.Margaret died in VA.Francis remarried to Artimisia/Artemesia JEFFRIES.
6. William KINSEL married Frances LEWIS.They had at least 1 known child who stayed in the Loudoun and Fauquier Co, VA area, as did his descendants.William died in VA.Frances remarried to William CREEL and had 2 more daughters.
7. Martin KINSEL married Elizabeth OGG.He moved to Vinton Co, OH.Most of his descendants lived in the Jackson, Vinton, Athens, and Ross Co, OH areas.One of his daughters moved to IA and one of his sons moved to NE, then I lost track of him.
8. George Washington KINSEL married Mary JOHNSON/JOHNSTON. They moved to Knox Co., MO., where most of his descendants remained in the Knox and Adair Co, MO areas.One son, went to CO and CA for a time, then returned to MO.
9. Thomas Albert KINSEL married Minerva SYCKES/SYKES and remained on a portion of the original farm in Perry Co, OH. He also acquired the land of Minerva's father, John SYCKES, some of which, still remains in the KINSEL family today.Many of his descendants remained in OH.2 sons and a daughter went to IL, where those descendants have scattered throughout the state, and yet one of those branches went to KS.
10.Catherine Ann KINSEL married Thomas RUSH.They lived on the farm south of the Thomas HARPER/Elizabeth KINSEL-HARPER property in Perry Co, OH.Then they moved to IL, near the family of James DAYMUDE and "Nancy" Frances Ann KINSEL-DAYMUDE, the sister of Catherine Ann KINSEL-RUSH.
We have been several places in the US over the last few years and have photographed the tombstones of 5 of Michael KINSEL & Nancy LANE's descendants.I have yet to upload them to the USGenWeb tombstone project.We have not visited the graves of the others or found where they are.
We have not found John KINSEL in OH yet.We searched for William KINSEL and Margaret KINSEL-KIRKPATRICK when in VA, but could not find them either.I have not been to MO to see George KINSEL's grave, but have an idea where he is.We have not been able to locate the graves of Michael KINSEL or Nancy LANE-KINSEL at all, but believe they are in Perry Co, OH somewhere.Any help or suggestions as to their whereabouts would be greatly appreciated.
I do not know the parents of Michael KINSEL, but have studied the migration patterns of all of his descendants.What I find is an interesting pattern of the VA, PA and MD families who have come through PA, OH and on to IL, MO & KS.Several surnames are repeated, which suggests that we could be linked to what I call the Hagerstown, MD KINSEL/KINSELLs, who actually came into the US via Philadelphia, PA. and or the MD KINZELs who were from around the Harford/Frederick Co, MD area.These families moved in a similar path westward.They are often found in the same or adjacent counties of the states where our KINSELs have relocated.