Hi, My most fustrating brick wall: seeking birth date, birth place and parent's names of my 4th great grandmother, Lydia WEBSTER, mother-in-law to Desire KENYON [KINYON] MOWRY, born about 1785 in MA?, NH?, VT?, NY?, or CT?; married 27 Sept. 1804 in Pomfret, Windham Co., CT, James MOWRY [MOWERY], and she died 16 Feb. 1847 in Guilford, Windham Co., Vermont. James and Lydia are buried in Wilkins Hill District Cemetery in Guilford, Windham Co., Vermont.
James MOWRY [MOREY, MOWERY], son of John and Lois POTTER MOWRY was born 26 July 1783 in probably Scuitate, Rhode Island, and he died 2 Aug. 1854 in Guilford, Windham, VT.
1) Lucius [Lucious] Potter MOWRY b. 12 Oct. 1806, Guilford, Windham, VT, married:
i) on 13 Dec. 1827 in Leyden, Franklin, Massachusetts, Desire KENYON [KINYON] my 3rd great grandmother, married 17 June 1873 Colrain, Franklin, MA, and children were: Lucius P., Ellen D. [my ancestor], Lucius and Cassius, twins; and
ii) on 17 June 1873 in Colrain, Franklin, MA, Lucy AVERY, born 18 Dec. 1816, with parents born in CT [no issues], and Lucious died 1888 in Whitingham, Windham, Vermont.
2) Rev. James Wheaton MOWRY b. 1808, Guilford, Windham, VT, d. after April 1878.
3) William Pitt MOWRY b. 1809, Guilford, Windham, VT.
4) Lydia MOWRY b. 1811 Guilford, Windham, VT, m. 1834 J. Barney SHEPARDSON.
5) Nelson MOWRY, Guilford, Windham, VT b. 1813, m. Sophia L. SILBER.
6) Ann B. MOWRY b. 1820, Leyden, Franklin Co., MA, m. Horace Wilkins LYNDE [LINDE]. and
7) George B. MOWRY b. 1825, Leyden, Franklin Co., MA, and died young.
Also, my family believes it is connected somehow to Noah WEBSTER.
Many thanks :-) in advance for any suggestions.