I would like to make contact with anyone researching the Kirkbrides from Whitehaven.
In particular I am looking for descendants of Isaac Kirkbride and Rachel Harrison who were married in St Nicholas, Whitehaven, on 18 Jun 1764. They are believed to have had the following four children: a. William Chr 28 April 1771 in St Nicholas, b. Ann Chr 2 May 1773 St Nicholas, c. Isaac Chr 22 Jun 1777 St Nicholas, and d. John Chr 6 July 1777(?) St Nicholas
The only child I have been able to trace descendant for is William b 1771. William Kirkbride married Margaret Greenhow in St James Whitehaven on 18 Nov 1793. They had eight children:
1. Joseph Kirkbride Chr 21 Jun 1795 in St James. Joseph married Mary Speight in 1818 in nearby St Bees and had at least two daughters: a. Margaret Chr 18 Jul 1819 Holy Trinity and b. Isabella Chr 16 Sep 1821 in Holy Trinity, Whitehaven.
2. Isaac Kirkbride Chr 2 Jul 1797 in St James. Isaac married Jane Tweedie on 29 May 1822 also in St Bees. Isaac and Jane had about 10 children some of whom were living in Whitehaven in 1851 but seem to have all disappeared by 1881. The children were: a. Sarah Chr 13 Aug 1823 Holy Trinity, Whitehaven, b. William Chr 18 Sep 1825 Holy Trinity, c. Isaac Chr 11 Feb 1827 Holy Trinity, d. Margaret Chr 22 Jun 1828 Holy Trinity, e. Isabella Ch 9 Jan 1831 Holy Trinity, f. Isaac Chr 2 Mar 1834 St Mathew Isle of Man, g. Jane Chr 15 Jan 1837 Holy Trinity, h. Sarah Ann Chr 25 Nov 1839 Holy Trinity, i. Mary born abt Sep 1842 Whitehaven, and j. James Born about 1845 in Whitehaven.
3. Thomas Kirkbride Chr 29 Sep 1799 in St James, Whitehaven. Thomas married Elizabeth (Betsey) Richardson in St Michael, Workington on 5 Aug 1833. They had 7 children. a. William Kirkbride 1834-1902, my ancestor, who migrated to Australia where he married Mary Masters and raised a family in Tasmania and Victoria. b. Thomas Kirkbride born in Peter St, Whitehaven on 10 Apr 1838 who may have died as an infant. c. Margaret Kirkbride Chr 26 Jun 1836. d. Ann Born abt 1839 who married Abraham Jackson from Harrington in Manchester Cathedral in 1863 and raised a family in Liverpool. e. Isabella born abt 1841. f. Mary Jane born abt 1843 who married Alfred Boud a Londoner in Manchester Cathedral in 1864 and raised a family in Manchester. g. Eleanor born about 1845, and h. Elizabeth born in Peter St Whitehaven on 19 Aug 1849 n who married Charles Birtwhistle from Gargrave Yorks in Manchester Cathedral in 1869. I am particularly keen to find descendants (if any) of Margaret, Isabella, and Eleanor. I believe at least one of them remained in Whitehaven, married, and was later asociated with the Whitehaven Coach and Carriage Works.
4. William Kirkbride Chr 14 Feb 1802 St James
5. Rachael Kirkbride Chr 22 April 1804 St James
6. Margaret Kirkbride b 19 Sep 1807 Chr 11 Oct 1807 St James
7. John Kirkbride b 28 Nov 1810 Chr 23 Dec 1810 St James
8. Isabella Kirkbride ch 14 Aug 1814 Holy Trinity Whitehaven.
Any help with tracing this family greatly appreciated. Many Thanks Ray Reynolds Melbourne Australia.