Information I received from John A Mehring on Klahr family, has a Balthasar Clar being born about 1660 in Canton Bern, Switzerland and died 26, February 1703 in Mimbach, Krs.Webenheim/Saar, Germany.
Balthasar married first Unknown in Switzerland and second to Elisabetha ( Hussong ) Wolf on 14, January 1698 in Mimbach/Saar, Germany, daughter of Antoni Hussong, Judge to Mimbach and widow to Barthel Wolf.
First wife bore Balthasar six children;
1. Hans Jakob Clar; 1685-1735 Mimbach/Saar; married 1715, Reformed Church Mimbach to Christine Gebhard.
2. Johann Casper Klar; born about 1687 in Canton Bern, Switzerland and married unknown.
3. Heinrich Klar; born about 1689 in Allerswiel, Canton Bern and died 26, January 1717 in Grossbunden/Pfalz, Germany.
4. Johann Peter Clar; born 1691 in Canton Bern and died 1759 in Mimbach/Saar, Germany, he married Maria Margaretha Klein.
5. Anna Clar
6.Rudolf Hans Klar; born about 1702 in Allerswiel, Canton Bern and died 24, June 1737 in Grossbundenbach, Germany. Rudolf married 14, July 1733 in Grossbundenbach, Germany to Anna Catharina Bohm, daughter of Hans Rauff Bohm.
Second wife bore Balthasar two children;
1. Johann Jacob Clar; born November 1698 and died of small pox on board the Ship Samuel along with his wife in November 1740. His wife was Anna Maria Raber ( Reber ), daughter of Ulrich Raber. Children from this marriage were indentured as servants by the Ship's Captain after their parent's death.
2. Maria Margaretha Clar
Johann Casper Klar was the father to Johann Jacob Klahr.