Searching for both ancestors and descendants of Philipp Jakob Kleist (1811-1868).
His parents were Valentin Kleist (ca. 1877-1835) and Anna Maria Sieben (ca. 1779-1832) of Zornheim, Hessen. (Zornheim is now in Rheinland-Pfalz.) They had nine children, of whom three lived to adulthood:
1) Andreas Kleist (b. 1801) married 1st Elisabeth Schoeppler (1799-1830) and had issue. Andreas married 2nd Christina Glaeser (b. 1806) and had further issue.
2) Maria Eva Kleist (1803-1869) married Georg Darmstadt (ca. 1792-1863) and had issue.
3) Philipp Jakob Kleist (1811-1868) married 1st Anna Maria Gerber (1813-1861) and had issue. He married 2nd Anna Maria Kaiser.
Philipp Jakob Kleist and Anna Maria Gerber had three children:
1) Adam Kleist. Born 8 Nov. 1843 at Ludwigshoehe, Hessen. Married Barbara Urban, 1875. Died 28 Apr. 1917 at Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
2) Katherine Kleist Born 31 July 1846 at Ludwigshoehe, Hessen. Married Mr. Weinert. Died 7 Apr. 1926 at McKeesport, PA.
3) Jakob Kleist Born 9 Apr. 1849 at Ludwigshoehe, Hessen.