A stone house built in 1772 still stands on Lafferty Street in Jeannette, PA (formerly Ft. Klingensmith). The current owner believes it was in fact the fort where the Klingensmith massacre occurred. The walls are 3 feet thick stone. The oak shutters had gun ports. The problem with getting it registered as a historical landmark is verification. Volume 1 of the Westmoreland County deed books is gone.