1. ALEXANDER KNEELAND - b abt 1225 m Margaret WALLACE, dau Adam WALLACE of
Riccartoun, aunt of Sir William WALLACE. Alexander was a wealthy prelate
residing at Kilspendie in Gowrie, Scotland.
2. JAMES KNELAND - fighter, supporter of King Robert the Bruce
3. JOHN KNELAND - fought at Battle of Bannockburn with his father, under
Robert the Bruce
4. JOHN KNELAND
5. JOHN KNELAND
6. WILLIAM KNEELAND
7. WILLIAM KNELAND m 1642 Jean SOMERVILLE, dau of William de SOMERVILLE, by
wife Janet MOWAT, dau of Sir John MOWAT
8. ALEXANDER KNELAND, killed at battle of Flodden 9 Sep 1513
9. JAMES KNELAND m a dau of HEPBURN, of Bonnytown, who was the son of
Patrick, Lord Halles, Earl of Bothnell
10. MAJOR WILLIAM KNELAND - loyal to Queen Mary of the Scots
11. CAPTAIN JOHN KNELAND, 2nd son of MAJOR WILLIAM KNELAND, born @ Kneland
manor in Lanarkshire abt 1550, m Mary DUNBAR. (Mary DUNBAR died in this
country having come over here with her oldest son, John.
12. EDWARD KNEELAND of Ipswich, arrived in Mass Bay abt 1630 with older
13. EDWARD KNEELAND, b 1640 Ipswich, d 5 Jan 1711 Ipswich; m Martha -
probably Martha FOWLER.
14. BENJAMIN KNEELAND, b 7 Jul 1679 Ipswich, prob farmer, of roving
disposition; d 18 Feb 1743 Hebron, CT; m Abigail _________
15. DR HEZEKIAH KNEELAND, b @ Hebron, CT 26 Jun 1722 first physician in
Marlboro, CT. Participated in Rev War; as private surgeon he cared for sick
& wounded patriots; m Mercy PEPOON, dau of Joseph PEPOON and Mary THOMAS.
Hezekiah died ae 57 of heart disease.
16. TIMOTHY PEPOON KNEELAND, b @ Marlboro, CT Mar 1770; m 1)Nabby Griswold
TRACY, dau Thos & Lucy (SPRAGUE) TRACY of Lenox, Mass. Lived at Franklin,
NY, then Geneseo and in 1814 Ogden, NY where Nabby died 1 Mar 1819. Next
year he m Elizabeth YALE of Lee, Mass, dau of "Squire" Josiah and Ruth
(TRACY) YALE. She was a niece of his first wife and bore him no children. He
died 22 Dec 1826 @ Ogden, NY.
17. ELISHA YALE KNEELAND, b @ Geneseo, NY 17 Jun 1810; m 1) Charlotte
BALL @ Ogden, NY. After her death he m 2) Catharine F HOTCHKINS; she d 1 Dec
1896. He d 27 Oct 1891. He was expert mechanical engineer. Founded New York
Novelty Company. Later settled in Buffalo, where he was engaged in
construction of elevators. Contributed to writing of "Seven Centuries".
18. HARRIET ELIZA KNEELAND, b 22 Oct 1837; m Conway W BALL. He is an officer
of Board of Trade, in Buffalo.
19. Henry Kneeland BALL, married in 1885 to Netty CRISSEY.
Susan Ball TysonSusan Ball Tyson