Here is some information you may or may not have from Ancestry (Jill, lookup volunteer)
David Crone' Arrival in Illinois in 1839 and Notes on Macon House - Residing in Macon County Illinois at time of his father's death. Information received from Anne Shellabarger Abbott, agreat-granddaughter, Oct 1992. In the 1850 census of Macon Co, IL he gave his occupation as tavern keeper; Abbott says he kept the Macon House in Decatur. In the 1860 census his occupation was listed as cabinet maker; real estate value $2500; personal property $300. From "History of Macon County, 1976" by O. T. Banton, Editor.Copyright 1976, Macon County Historical Society. p. 54 David Krone brought his large family here from Pennsylvania, arriving in 1839 after more than a two months journey. They came from Harrisburg, making the trip to Pittsburgh by canals, then by steamboat on the Allegheny, Ohio, Mississippi and Illinois rivers to Beardstown, Ill., then overland to Decatur. The family spent its first night here at the camp ground on Town Branch, near the present site of the Prairie St. subway. This was an attractive and convenient spot for newcomers to use until they could get settled in homes. There was a fine spring of water, plenty of fuel and a grassy plateau where tents could be pitched. There was no empty house in Decatur when the Krones came, and they found a cabin near Casner where they lived a few months. Afterward they moved to a house on William St., between Franklin and Jackson, which Watson Culver had built for them. The following year, in 1840, Krone became operator of the Macon House, Decatur's first well-equipped hotel, and that was the home of the family for many years. p. 105-106: Decatur's leading hotel for many years was the Macon House,later known as the Revere House. It was built in 1839 and until it burned down in 1871 was the best known and most important hotel in Decatur. The original Macon House building was on the southeast corner of Franklin and Prairie Sts., now occupied by the Sears Roebuck store. It had two stories and a basement; there were 12 bedrooms and a large attic. The hotel was erected by Capt. David L. Allen and Dr. Thomas H. Read, and was first run by Mrs. Elizabeth Nesbitt and sons James and Washington. In 1841 it was taken over by John Eckel, who operated it for about a year. When David Krone took over the hotel in 1842 he discontinued his predecessor's practice of operating a bar in the basement. During the Krone regime the hotel was visited by many notable attorneys, including Abraham Lincoln, Judge David Davis, Leonard Swett and others. It was said that often the lawyers, who were riding circuit in those days, prolonged court sessions in Decatur because of the splendid hotel service. "Mother" Krone's cooking became famous and surpassed that found in most cities at that time... ...Under the Allen-Read lease of the property to Krone it was provided the lessors furnish necessary bedding, beds and furniture, and that Krone had the privilege of feeding two cows in the stable without charge. Firewood was to be supplied from timber owned by Allen and Read, but Krone was to cut and haul it at his own expense. Rent for the hotel was to be half the total receipts. It could be paid in produce, money or trade.