Daniel was born Daniel Lape and then changed his name to Lavely.b 10/11/1806bapt 5/1/1807 in Mt. Tabor Reformed Church, Stoystown, Pa.He married Susannah Hart and had 14 kids.Most of the brothers fought in the civil war.
Parents are Anton/Anthony Low/Lape/Loave... seen all 3 ways so far and Elizabeth Unknown.Anthony has some estate papers, but no will.He died in 1817.There were guardianship petitions for most of the kids, but much later after he died.Siblings for Daniel, all with last name Lape:
1. Sarahb. April 30, 1809 m Thomas Riffle
2. Peter b March 11, 1811
3. Juliana b December 01, 1812
4. Elizabeth b February 22, 1815 m Michael Riffle(Thomas' brother)
5. George b November 24, 1815
6. Leah, named in guardian petition, no baptism found yet.
I am also a descendant of Daniel, through his daughter Maria Lavely m Michael Riffle. The surname has been seen in every conceivable and inconceivable form... Lape, Leib, Leap, Loeb, Low, Lowe, Lavely, Layally...I have tons more info.If you are interested, email me.