I have just started researching my Lawless/Hadley family tree and could use some help in filling in the blanks.
I will start with myself.I am Janie Marie Lawless (Hodge). My parents were:
Vernon Holmes (it is Homer on my birth cert.)Lawless
B. Sept. 13, 1927 probably in Texas but not sure.
D. June 6, 1983 in Louisiana and buried in the Veteran's cemetery in Houston, Texas.
M. Jerrie Francis Anderson b. Jan. 25, 1929 in Fort Worth, Texas. d. Nov. 9, 2002 in Benbrook, Texas.
1. Vernon Dean Lawless b. March 12, 1948 in Fort Worth, Texas d. Sept. 4, 2007 in N. Richland Hills, Tx
2. Janie Marie Lawless b. Nov. 21, 1950 in Fort Worth, Tx
Vernon's parents were:
Walter M. (Marian?) Lawless
B. Dec. 6, 1905, Texas
M. 30 Sept. 1927 Greer, Oklahoma
D. May 4, 1996 Harris Co., Texas
Wife: Stella Marie Hadley
B. October 11, 1911, Texas (on one census it says Okla.)
D. December 17, 1974 Galveston, Texas
I only know of one child of Walter and Stella's which was Vernon.I don't know about Walter, but Stella remarried a James Hicks and had two sons.
Walter's parents were:
Marian Hamilton Lawless
B. March 6, 1850 Smith Co.,Texas
M. December 25, 1885 Upshur Co., Tx
D. May 24, 1930 Mexia, Texas
wife: Lillah Exea Jenkins
B. August 29, 1868 Greenville, Alabama
D. May 27, 1938 Texas
1. Homer Lawless b. 19 Sept 1886 d. 16 Feb 1966 in Texas and buried at Fort Parker Cem. Limestone Co., Tx
2. Bertha Lawless b. abt. 1890 d. 1991
3. Claude Lawless
4. Ethel Lawless
5. Mamie Lawless
6. Vernon Lawless
7. Walter Lawless
8. Laura Lawless
9. Jessie Lee Lawless
Marian's parents were:
Charles Theopilas Lawless
B. abt 1816-1825 in Ky.
D. 22 Jan 1853 in East Tx
M. 20 June 1843 Harrison, Tx
Wife: Felicitas Camp b. 1828 in Georgia d. Jan. 4, 1853 in Starrville, Smith Co., Tx
1. George Washington Lawless b. 18 May Smith Co., Tx
2. Warren Monntgomery Lawless b. 18 May 1846 Smith Co., Tx
3. Elizabeth Matilda Lawless b. 01 Feb 1848 Smith Co., Tx
4. Marian Hamilton Lawless b. 6 March 1850 Smith Co., TX
5. Mitzie Lawless b. 24 June 1896 in Malakoff, Henderson Co. Tx.
I recently learned that Charles T. Lawless's father was Harvey Theopilas Lawless b. Abt. 1800.This is all I know. If anyone can help fill in the gaps, I would greatly appreciate it.