The Leasure/Leisure Family I am interested in consisted of at least eight children. The parents are Anthony Leasure and Hannah Stanchfield. The father was a native of Canada and the mother was a native of England. They were married in southern Canada, later removing to St. Lawrence County, NY where the children were born, before settling in Jefferson County, NY Watertown area before 1850.
Anthony Leasure b. abt. 1771 in Canada. His wife Hannah Stanchfield b. abt 1800 England. Their children: 1) Thaddeus Leasure b. abt. 1829 d. 1909 was the oldest and a barber by trade, he married Mary O'Brienand had at least three children Mary B., Hattie Amelia, and Thaddues Jr.
2) Abigail Leasure b. abt 1830 was last heard of in 1849 when she started for California.
3) Cyrenus Leasure b. abt 1831 d. 1914 age 85 yrs he never married, lived on Boon Street Watertown, NY from 1860 till his death.
4) Sophronia Leasure b. abt 1835 died 1926 age 91.
5) Myron Leasure b. abt 1839 d. 1914 married unkn lived on Boon Street Watertown NY at the time of his death.
6) Anthony Leasure b.abt 1841 d. 1918 worked in Shingle Manufacturing he married Jane? They had at least two children a dau named Keziah and son named Anthony.
7) Emory Leasure b. abt. 1843 last known address was Wolfe St., Baltimore, MD his wife was Katie.
8) A son died during the Civil War information unkn.
Would greatly appreciate any informatin that would help with connection to this family. Sagemarie98@earthlink.net Thank you Bonnie Shafer