Thanks for your reply, but I don't believe that Allen is a second given name. I do believe that it is a surname. Below you will find all of the information that I have, so that you draw your own conclusions.
Here are my notes from the Saint Charles church records in Amherst:
- Married at Amherst Oct. 23, 1895, Alfred Legere, son of Nisette Legere and Isabella Cormier, daughter of Frank Cormier. In the margin, the following information was added: Amherst, Oct. 23, 1895 Alfred Leger alias Allen and Isabella Cormier
- Baptized March 29th, Joseph Roy Arneau born march 16th lawful child of Alfred Legere alias Allen and Isabella Cormier.
- Baptized Dec 4th 1898 Mary E. Ada born Nov. 26th lawful of Alfred Allen Legere and Isabella Cormier.
- Baptized July 4th 1897 Mary Ann Margarita born July (?) lawful child of Alfred Allen and Isabella Cormier. Sponsors Frank Legere and Pauline Cormier.
- Baptized at Amherst, Aug 19th Joseph Harry born Aug. 18th lawful child of Alfred Allen and Isabella Cormier. Sponsors Jude Cormier and Ann LeBlanc. The following note was added: married July 20, 1927 St-Joseph Yorkville, NY to Edna Agnes Kubista by Fr. Bruden.
- Baptized April 13th, Mary Winnie Philomène born April 12th lawful child of Alphée Allen and Isabella Cormier. Sponsors, Amos Babineau and Melanie Cormier. The following note was added: "Winnie" married Gerald Durant, May 10, 1934.
- Baptized Jan 24th, Francis William born Jan 15th, lawful child of Alphée Allen and Isabella Cormier.
- Baptized march 25th Joseph Gerald born March 23rd lawful child of Alphée Allen and Isabella Cormier. Sponsors, Francis Cormier & Odette Burke.
- Married May 10, 1934, Gerald Durant, son of Stephen Durant & Philomene Terriot and Winnifred Allen, daughter of Alfred Allen and Isabella Cormier.