From the Chatsworth Plaindealer Chatsworth,Livingston,Illinois
MRS. J. HARR (JANE PARKHURST) LINN MARCH 12, 1909
Died, at the family home in Piper City on Saturday morning, March 6, Mrs. Jane Parkhurst Linn, wife of J. H. Linn. Mrs. Linn's maiden name was Jane Parkhurst. She was the daughter of Joel and Fedella Parkhurst, and was born near Yorkville, Kendall county, Ill., on Nov. 7, 1841, and was the eldest of a family of four children, all of whom have preceded her to the home beyond. Mr. and Mrs. Linn were united in the holey bonds of wedlock in 1859, and in 1865 they moved to their farm home northeast of Chatsworth where they gained competency and retired from active life in 1887, when they moved to their comfortable home in Piper City to enjoy the fruits of their labors. To this union were born eleven children of whom but six are living: Orin P. and Mrs. Lora L. Clark, of Beaconsfield, Iowa; Girden F. and Mrs. Ida L. Reynolds, of Piper City; James Eugene, Vandallia, Mo.; and Mrs. Fidelia Crandall, of Cullom, who with the husband and father, are left to mourn their irreparable loss. Mrs. Linn was converted in 1806 and joined the M. E. church in Chatsworth transferring her membership to this place when she moved here. Mrs. Linn was a beautiful Christian character, quiet and unassuming, but always ready with a kindly smile and generous act. Fifty years she and Mr. Linn were permitted to journey side by side down the pathway of life but she has left him to finish the journey alone, and while they all sorrow for the one who has left them, they sorrow not as those who have no hope for she left behind a testimony that all was well with her. All the living children were present at the funeral.