Our Littlejohn family that was in Spartanburg and Union and Cherokee Co. SC moved to TX around 1850. They went to Lamar Co. TX. According to a book - History of Lamar Co. TX on fiche at the Emmett FHC William was called "Lawyer Bill". He came to TX from Union Co. SC. He arrived here in 1849. However, he is not listed in the 1850 census of Lamar Co. Probably that date was based on the date of his sale of property in SC. It took several months to walk from SC to TX and he probably arrived after the census was taken in the summer of 1850. He brought his family and a large group of slaves with him, these slaves taking the name Littlejohn when freed. Mr. Littlejohn bought land in 1860 from J.J. Cothran. This 400 acres was the first purchase in Lamar County, one acre of which he gave to the Methodist Church for a church and school building, the first church and school to be established in Chicota. Other members of the Littlejohn family started the Littlejohn Cemetery on the road to Boggy Ben, where the family is buried.