it would appear that some their descendants went to Henry County Iowa - Medad and Ambrose both appear there:
Descendants of Ambrose Lyman
Generation No. 1
1.AMBROSE1 LYMAN was born Sep 1828 in OH, and died Aft. 1920 in prob. New London, Henry IA.He married LYDIA H UNKNOWN Abt. 1847 in OH.She was born Apr 1828 in OH, and died Bet. 1910 - 1920 in prob. New London, Henry IA.
Notes for AMBROSE LYMAN:
- 1870 Baltimore, Henry IA - proprietor of mill living next to George Shelladay
- 1880 West Blue, Fillmore NE
- 1900 New London, Henry IA
- 1910 New London, Henry IA
- 1920 New London, Henry IA - living with Cora B.
Children of AMBROSE LYMAN and LYDIA UNKNOWN are:
i. GAD2 LYMAN, b. Aug 1848, OH; d. 1911, New London, Henry IA.
Notes for GAD LYMAN:
- in 1870 Mt. Pleasant, Henry IA
ii. CAROLINE LYMAN, b. 1847, OH; d. Bet. 1910 - 1941.
iii. EVALINE LYMAN, b. 1852, OH; d. Bet. 1910 - 1941.
2. iv. CORA BELLE LYMAN, b. 19 Aug 1862, IA; d. 28 Nov 1941, Fairfield, Jefferson IA.
v. HOMER LYMAN, b. 1865, IA; d. Bet. 1910 - 1941.
vi. LUVENA LYMAN, b. 1867, IA; d. Bet. 1910 - 1941.
vii. PAULINE LYMAN, b. 1870, Baltimore, Henry IA; d. Bet. 1870 - 1880, Henry IA.
Generation No. 2
2.CORA BELLE2 LYMAN (AMBROSE1) was born 19 Aug 1862 in IA, and died 28 Nov 1941 in Fairfield, Jefferson IA.She married (1) IRA B "BUD" REDFERN 26 Feb 1885 in Shelladay Home, Henry IA, son of JOHN REDFEARN and JANE LEE.He was born 23 Sep 1864 in Canaan Twp, Henry IA, and died 07 Aug 1943 in Alameda CA.She married (2) WILLIAM THOMAS BURNETT 11 Nov 1890 in Ambrose Lyman home, Henry IA.He was born 02 Jul 1858 in MO, and died 30 Oct 1944 in Fairfield, Jefferson IA.
Notes for CORA BELLE LYMAN:
- 1900 New London, Henry IA
- 1910 Quincy (1-WD), Adams IL
- 1920 New London, Henry IA
- 1930 Round Prairie, Jefferson IA
- OBIT: Fairfield IA paer NOV 28 1941:Fractured Hip Is Fatal to Mrs. Burnett - Glascow woman dies in hospital today, was injured Sept. 7:Mrs. Cora Bell Burnett, 79, of Glasgow died at 5:45am today in the Jefferson County hospital where she was taken on Sept. 7 when she fell and fractured a hip.She was born on Aug 19 1862 in Iowa and was the last member of a family of seven.Mr. and Mrs. Burnett celebrated their golden wedding anniversary on NOV 11 1940.She had been a resident of the Glasgow community for the past 16 years.Surviving are the husband; six grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren; one son T. E. Burnett of Harvey, IL; two daughters, Mrs. Grace Bower of Glascow, and Mrs. J.S. Hawkins of Kansas City MO.One daughter Beryl died in 1931.Funeral Services will be conducted at the Glasgow Methodist Church on Sunday at 2pm.Burial will be in the Glasgow cemetery.The body will remain at the Hoskins funeral until the time for services.
Notes for IRA B "BUD" REDFERN:
- 1900 San Jose CA directory listed as farmer, r. 1232 Locust
- 1901 not listed in SJ, CA
- 1902/03 San Jose CA directory listed r. 1036 Vine
- 1904/05 San Jose CA directory listed r. 1149 Locust
- 1930 Pacific Grove, Monterey CA - renting - no school/can read & write @154 Forrest Ave.
Notes for WILLIAM THOMAS BURNETT:
- buried in Glasgow Cemetery
Child of CORA LYMAN and IRA REDFERN is:
i. EDNA GERTRUDE LYMAN REDFEARN3 BURNETT, b. 27 Sep 1885, New London, Henry IA; d. 25 Dec 1949, Marysville, Marshall KS; m. JOSEPH STANLEY HAWKINS, 12 Nov 1906, Palmyra, Marion MO; b. 16 Oct 1887, KS; d. 09 Sep 1964, Marysville, Marshall KS.
Notes for EDNA GERTRUDE LYMAN REDFEARN BURNETT:
- 1910 Detroit, Wayne MI
- 1920 Kansas City, Jackson MO
- 1930 Kansas City, Jackson MO
- OBIT 12-26-1949: Kansas City Times - MRS. EDNA G. HAWKINS - Services for Wife of Dentist Will be Held Wednesday:Mrs. Edna G. Hawkins, 64, of T4329 Tracy Avenue, wife of Dr. Joseph S. Hawkins, a dentist, died yesterday at the St. Joseph hospital.She was born in New London, IA, and had been a resident of Kansas City thirty-three years.Dr. and Mrs. Hawkins were married in 1906 in Palmyra MO.
Also surviving are a daughter Mrs. W.K. Nix, Marshall MO; a son, Robert L Hawkins, Los Angels; a sister, Mrs. Grace Bower, Stockport, IA, and a brother T.E. Burnett, Harvey IL.Services will be held at 11 o'clock Wednesday at the Newcomer chapel.Cremation.
- buried Marysville, Marshall Co. KS in the Marysville Cemetery
Children of CORA LYMAN and WILLIAM BURNETT are:
ii. THOMAS EDWARD3 BURNETT, b. 29 Aug 1891, New London, Henry IA; d. Dec 1970, Harvery, Cook IL; m. VIOLA UNKNOWN; b. 23 Oct 1894; d. Jul 1979, Harvery, Cook IL.
Notes for THOMAS EDWARD BURNETT:
- 1920 & 1930 Harvey, Cook IL
iii. VERA GRACE BURNETT, b. Apr 1893, New London, Henry IA; d. 20 Jun 1957, Glasgow, Fairfield IA; m. FRANK LESLIE BOWER, 30 Aug 1913; b. 1887; d. 1938.
Notes for VERA GRACE BURNETT:
- living in Glasgow, Jefferson IA in 1931
- living in Lockridge, Jefferson IA in 1944
iv. ELMA BERYL BURNETT, b. 31 Oct 1896, New London, Henry IA; d. 21 Apr 1931, Fairfield, Jefferson IA.