Hope this is helpful for researchers. The following is an abstraction from the link below.
LOCAL HISTORY: Wayne Township, Mifflin County, PA CHAPTER VII. WAYNE TOWNSHIP.
"James Macklin, on November 9, 1785, warranted three hundred and two acres, and in 1793 was assessed on one hundred and fifty acres, and in 1800 he was owner of about three hundred acres. In March, 1803, he bought one hundred acres adjoining his other land of the executors of John Postlethwait, who lived in the eastern part of the State. This tract was warranted by Joshua Davis before 1768, and purchased by John Agnew, of Carlisle, in April, 1773, of Ephraim Blaine, high sheriff of Cumberland County, as the property of Davis. Agnew sold to John Postlethwait April 14, 1802. James Macklin lived and died upon the estate in 1819. In 1816, George, the only son, married Sarah Witherow and leased the farm and later purchased it. The daughters of James Macklin were Nancy Gonzales, Prudence Lukens, Margaret McCartney, Mary McLaughlin, Elizabeth Witherow, wife of Samuel Witherow, Jane Atkinson, wife of Lukens Atkinson, and Lydia, the wife of George Dull.
George Macklin died in 1824 and left three sons, - William, John and George. William and George engaged in the mercantile business in McVeytown, where William died, and his sons continued the business. George went later to Harrisburg and from there to the West, where he is still living. After the death of George Macklin, his widow married Cyrus Stine, who settled on the Macklin estate, now owned by David Stine, their son.