I am looking for the following Makemson/Mekemson's
James Mekemson/Makemson born Aug. 9, 1773 in Virginia, son of Joseph and Nancy Mekemson. Died Sept. 3, 1858 South Henderson, Henderson Co., IL. Lived in Perry, and Gibson Counties in Indiana as well as St. Clair County, Illinois. He married in March of 1809 in Fleming Co.? Kentucky-
Mary Brown born Aug. 24, 1780 in Big Springs, Cumberland, PA. Died November 8, 1858 in South Henderson ( now town of Gladstone) Henderson Co. IL. Daughter of William and Frances Brown. Before marrying James she was married to James Laughhead on April 30, 1795 in Lexington Co. KY by him she had daughter Eleanor who was born on May 22, 1797 in Ky and married Joseph Primm on Oct. 6, 1819. Eleanor died Nov. 10, 1841 in St. Clair Co. IL and had 2 sons. Mary was also married to John Findleyon June 1, 1799 in KY- unknown if they ahd any children.
Children of James and Mary-
- William Brown Mekemson born Dec. 27, 1809 in Fleming Co. KY and died Jan. 16, 1832 at Battle of Kellogg's Grove in the BlackHawk War.
- Sarah Jane Mekemson born November 14, 1814 in Fleming Co.Ky or Ohio. She married John P. Giles in Warren Co., IL. Lived in Gladstone, Henderson Co,IL and had 6 sons and 1 dau.
- Andrew Mekemson born Jan. 1817 in Fleming Co. KY. Died June 1, 1893 in Gladstone, Henderson Co.IL. Married Eleanor Brown McQuown on September 2, 1841 in Henderson Co. IL.
- James Mekemson born Feb. 11, 1821 in Fleming Co. KY. Died unmarried on Feb. 17, 1848 in South Henderson.
- Joseph Scot Mekemson born April 23, 1812 in Ohio or Kentucky. He died November of 1875 in Gladstone, Henderson, IL. He married first to Mrs. Sarah L. Williams in St. Clair Co. IL May 23, 1837. After her death he and his step son went to California and returned to Henderson Co. IL in 1856. In 1860 Joseph married Mary M. McClinton, daughter of James W. McClinton and Rosannah Spence. Mary was bornin 1832 in SC, and died in Feb. 1917 in Henderson Co. IL. Joseph and Mary had 4 children, all born and died in Henderson Co., IL- Sarah Jane April 18, 1861-Nov.21, 1862; James Andrew Nov. 1864- Apr. 26, 1865; Luna Jan. 14, 1866- June 11, 1898- spinster; Elvina July 23, 1871-1946-spinster. Joseph and family owned my grandparents farm from 1856-1924. But rented it from atleast 1915-1924.
Any information would be of help. Thankyou Kassie