Looking for others researching the following Martineau/Martino family:
Franklin Martineau/Martino b.1814, lived in:
1840 U.S. Fed Census: Plattsburgh, Clinton, New York
ennumerated as "Frank Martino" and LIVED NEXT DOOR TO JOSEPH MARTINO who was between 60-70 years old. --- Very likely Frank Martino's father.
1850 U.S. Fed Census: Malone,Franklin County, New York Ennumerated as Franklin "Markvan" or "Martenau"
1860 U.S. Federal Census: "Frank Martineau" Poyner Twp., BlackHawk County, Iowa,
1870 U.S. Federal Census: "Frank Martino" Hickory Grove,Jasper County, Iowa,
1880 U.S. Federal Census: "Frank Martins" Adel, Dallas, Iowa FRANKLIN LISTS PARENTS' BIRTHPLACES AS CANADA.
Franklin Died 11 Jan 1896,buried Winterset,Madison, Iowa,
married first wife (unknown name)about 1834 probably in New York, and had 3 children:
1. William Martino/Martineau b.abt. 1834/35 Clinton County, New York. He married (1)Mary Jane Worrell 1864, (2)Nancy Clark 1886/7, (3) Ruth V. Haltom 1888. William Had 8 kids with Mary Jane and 2 with Ruth. Lived in Iowa, served in the Civil War, Union side.
2. Rosilla b. abt 1839 Clinton County, New York
married Nelson Lafayette Brown 18 Apr 1855 in Kane County, Illinois. Later moved to Jasper County, Iowa
Had 10 children:
Flora A. Brown, b. 1856, married George O. Martineau
Florence Brown, b. abt 1857
Charles Brown, b. abt 1859
Emra or Emry (male), b. abt 1860 married Isora Williamson (their daughter: Fern Brown b. abt 1893) lived in Jasper County, Iowa
Anna Brown, b. Nov 1863
William Brown, b. abt 1865
Rosilla Brown, b. abt 1867
Hiram Brown, b.abt 1869
Elisabeth Brown, b. Nov 1871
Nettie Brown, b. abt 1874
3. Matilda Martineau/Martino, b.abt 1840, of Clinton County, NY
Franklin then married second wife: Julia Coakley/Cookly, b. 1826, NY or Canada, died 3 Nov 1888 Winterset, Madison, Iowa. See obituary: http://iagenweb.org/boards/madison/obituaries/index.cgi?read=140006http://iagenweb.org/boards/madison/obituaries/index.cgi?read=140006
Franklin and Julia had 16! children:
1. Angeline Martineau/Martino, b. abt 1847 NY, married Thomas Elliott 20 Oct 1863 in Jasper County, Iowa: they had 2 children: James Elliott 1866, Minie Elliott 1870, Mary E. Elliott Nov 1871--Mary married John McMillan about 1898(John b. Sep 1869 Scotland).
2. Levi Martineau/Martino, b.abt 1848 of Franklin County, NY. Levi served on Union side Civil War, married Sarah A. ? --last name unknown. Levi died between1895/1899--probably White Rock, Smith, Kansas
3. Nelson Martineau/Martino, b. Jan 1850, of Franklin County, NY, Married: Sarah Jane Juber abt 1877: had 4 children: Clara May Martin/Martino. b, abt 1878, Albert N. Martino/Martineau, b. abt 1882, Inez or Ina B. Martineau/Martino b. Oct 1887, Mary Martineau/Martino, b. abt 1890.
4. George O. Martineau/Martino, b.1852, of Franklin County, NY; married his half sister Rosilla's daughter, Flora A. Brown 17 Jul 1872 Jasper County, Iowa. George and Flora had 5 children: Bert A., born May 1874, John M. born Aug 1876, Della R. born Oct 1878, Cora J. born Nov 1880,married Alonzo Daniels (their son:Forest Daniels m.Ester and had daughter Betty Daniels), Ira Elmer, born July 1892, married Jennie Hardin--they had 4 children.
5. Henry A. Martineau/Martino, b. May 1853/1855, NY, married 18 Feb 1882 Madison County, Iowa to Francena E. Bishop, had son William F. "Martin" b. 1 Mar 1889 Nebraska-died 20 Jan 1956(some family members dropped the O. William had son John W. Martin.
6. Francis Martineau/Martino (male), b. abt 1857 Illinois,(possibly Kane County)
7. David Martineau/Martino , b. 1858, Illinois
8. Jesse Martineau/Martino, b.1859, Illinois
9. Dillista Martineau/Martino, b. 1862, of Hickory Grove, Jasper, Iowa
10. Adelia Martineau/Martino, b. 1864 of Hickory Grove, Jasper, Iowa
11. Margrett Martineau/Martino, b. abt 1865 of Hickory Grove, Jasper, Iowa
12. Frederick "Fred" M. Martineau/Martino, born May 1866 Jasper County, Iowa, married Sarah "Sadie" Adeline Haltom 11 Apr 1885 Madison County, Iowa; Fred and Sarah had 6 children:
Grace Lulu, Earnest L., Mary Ellen, Edith P. "Vena" or Venice Marie, and Gertrude E. This family dropped the O from Martino and always went by "Martin." (I have more on their descendants). Fred died 10 Mar 1924, Waterloo, Blackhawk, Iowa. Sarah died 1939, Waterloo, Iowa.
13. Julia Martino/Martineau b. 7 Nov 1868, Jasper County, Iowa, married Oscar R. Wilkinson 3 Feb 1897 Madison County, Iowa, died 9 Oct 1949. Had 4 children: Pearl, Alvis (who married Laura J. Gosewisch in 1930), Blanche, and a son who died young.
14. Mary Louise Martino/Martineau b. Sep 1869 of Hickory Grove, Jasper, Iowa, married Samuel L.O. Benson 23 Oct 1889 Madison County, Iowa. She died 12 Feb 1955 Winterset, Madison, Iowa. Obituary posted at: http://iagenweb.org/boards/madison/obituaries/index.cgi?review=164458http://iagenweb.org/boards/madison/obituaries/index.cgi?review=164458
15. Westley Martineau/Martino b. 1872, Jasper County, Iowa
16. Burtie Martino/Martin/Martins b. abt 1875, Adel, Dallas, Iowa. died 26 Apr 1906. Buried as "Burt Martino" Winterset Cemetery, Winterset,Madison, Iowa.
Franklin Martineau was French/Canadian, and I believe Joseph Martineau 1840 US Fed Census, Plattsburgh, Clinton, New York who lived next door to Franklin is probably his father, but I need some proof!
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have more information on this line.My family descends from Frederick Martineau/Martino and Sarah "Sadie" Haltom.