This David Maze and Lucinda M. Tipton were married in Blount County, TN on July 15, 1830 by William McTeer, Justice of the Peace.
David and Lucinda Maze were in Benton County, Alabama by 1850. He is listed as David Mase; 1850 Census, Benton (now Calhoun) County, Alabama, page 290. His children's name are not spelled out but are listed with their initials. He was in Blount County, Alabama in 1860, page 57, Western Division, Summitt, Family #402. Both he and Luncinda are buried at New Caanan Cemetery, in what is now Cullman County, Alabama. They had in fact donated and deeded the land for the church and cemetery.
David and Lucinda's children, as I have them, are;
1. Williamm born Jan 1827, Blount County, TN mar. Nancy J. Logan.
2, JOHN Maze, born abt 1828, according to 1880 Census, Cullman County, Township #9, Family #54, married Rosa ?.
3. Z. Maze, born about 1833, Blount County, TN.
4. R. Maze, born about 1836, Blount County, TN.
5. S. Maze, born about 1837, Blount County, TN.
6. Caswell C. Maze, born 13 Aug 1837, Blount County, TN, died 13 Jan 1918, Morgan County, Alabama, married Frances F. Bailey, both buried Cedar Creek Cemetery, Falkville, Morgan County, Alabama.
7. Mary Ann Maze, born about 1838, Tennessee.
8. Eliza Maze, born about 1841/1845, Tennessee, married Jeremiah M. Tipton.
9. Gardner Maze, born October 1842, Blount County, TN, died 1906, Blount or Cullman County, Alabama, married, Martha E. Parvin, both buried Hopewell Cemetery, Blount County, Alabama. This is my line.
10. Polly Ann Maze, born about 1844, Tennessee, died after 1910, never married, buried Mt Zion Cemetery, Cullman, Alabama unmarked grave.
11. Martha Ellen Maze, born 20 Jan 1846, Blount County, TN, died 13 Aug 1920, Alabama, married Stephen Tuttle Thompson, both buried Old Arab Cemetery, Arab, Marshall County, Alabama.
12. James Washington Maze, born 1847, Blount County, TN, married Nancy A. Bailey, both buried Warrior Creek Cem, Cullman County, Alabama near Arab.
13.Benjamin "Benton", born 8 March 1850, Benton County, AL or Blount County, TN, died. 1 July 1927, married Martha Jane Bailey, buried, Blue Springs Cem, Morgan County, AL.
14. Riley Maze, born 8 Jan 1851, Benton County, AL, died 20 Jun 1932, married Laura Frances "Sis" Cates, both buried New Canaan Cem, Cullman County, Alabama near, Arab.
Most of my information comes from census reports, tombstone markings and first hand accounts handed down by older family members. The birthdate on John Maze could be off as much as 5 years based on my experience with census reports.