The heirs of Abednego McAtee of Rush County, Indiana
Records on the estate of Abednego McAtee can be found in Order Books 9, 10, 11, 14 and 15.
The original administrators to the estate were Clement (or Clemuel) Boling and Thomas Powell, appointed Nov 16 and Nov 17, 1865.Objections to their appointment were made on 5 June 1866 (Order Book 9, p. 525).They were replaced on 22 June, 1866 by Thomas Power.
Abednego’s heirs were nieces and nephews.
Order Book 10, page 436-40 16 May, 1869
Ten original heirs: 1. Thomas power
2. Heirs of Robert Power, dec. (Grandchildren listed in Order Book 11, p. 158.) a. George W. Power, now dead i. Mary Elizabeth Williams b. John L. Power, now dead i. Elizabeth Sebastian, wife of Marion Sebastian c. Jeremiah Power d. Mary Edmonson e. James G. Power, now dead i. Francis A. Davis ii. Eveline Power iii. Mary M. Long iv. Laura A. Power f. David G. Power i. Andrew J. Power
3. Heirs of Joseph Power, dec. a. Richard Power b. Darius Power (Order Book 15, p. 133) i. Richard Power ii. James P. Power iii. William Power iv. Elizabeth J. (now Moffett) v. Margaret A. (now Wise) vi. Mary E. (now Hersong or Kerson, first letter unclear) c. Benjamin Power d. Stephen Power e. Joseph Power f. Charles Power g. Mary Holman (Order Book 15, p. 176) i. William E. Holman ii. Indiana Holman iii. Amanda Holman iv. Rebecca Jane Holman v. Emerine Holman vi. Edward Holman
4. Heirs of Mary Simpson, dec. a. Samuel Simpson b. Mary Sexton c. Elizabeth Hewlett d. Ann Crum e. William Simpson
5. Heirs of Susan Campbell, dec. a. James Campbell b. Thomas Campbell c. Joseph Campbell
6. Heirs of John Power, dec. a. Laban Power b. Richard Power (Order Book 14, p. 442) i. Elizabeth Power (now Listell, earlier record said Liston) ii. Rebecca J. Power iii. Nancy Power (now Harris) c. Susan Power, now Susan Owen d. Mary Jane Power e. John T. Power f. Mariah Power
7. Heirs of Nancy Gird, dec x. Joseph Gird (Note on side says Joseph is not an heir.) (Order Book 10, p. 560-61 lists her heirs) a. Henry Gird i. John Gird ii. Laura Gird b. Harriet Price, dec. (of Houston, TX?) c. Richard Gird d. George Gird 8. Heirs of Ann Morrow, dec. a. Heirs of John D. Power, dec. (Order Book 10, p. 510 lists his heirs) i. William S. Power ii. Richard Power iii. John H. Power iv. George Power v. Thomas F. Power vi. Elizabeth Power vii. Nathan B. Power viii. Daniel Power ix.Emery Power b. Nancy Man (Note to side) i. Matilda Man (1) Armilda J. Mann Elsten c. Joshua Power d. Jane Smiser e. Sarah Veach i. George M. Veach ii. Matilda Ann Wright f. Thomas Morrow (named in note to side)
9. Heirs of Jane Maddux, dec. a. Richard Maddux (Order Book 11, p. 377) b. George Maddux c. William Maddux
10. Heirs of Sarah McAtee, dec. (Wife of John McAtee, brother to Abednego, but also sister to Abednego’s wife, Elizabeth Power.) a. John McAtee b. Rich’d McAtee c. Abednego McAtee d. Nancy Riffe
Heirs are listed as found in the documents.Other heirs may be named in the document, but were not noticed. There are a lot of additional notes written in the margins and in the any blank space on each of the pages.There may be heirs not named in the order books.The original documents should be consulted.
I was hoping to find my ancestor, Daniel McAtee of Shelby Co, IN and Grundy Co, MO named.I guess I proved he doesn't belong to Abednego's family.