This is a copy of a reply message i sent to David W. McFadden in reply to a message about Samuel McFadden, Texas.
Look for your name in question in bold:
Info from page in family bible of Mattie May Moore McFadden:
Samuel Steele McFadden, b July 27, 1861 in Navarro County, Texas. He broke horses. (I believe the year to be incorrect. On his tombstone it is listed as 1881. This may not be correct either.)
Married Mattie May Moore on June 26, 1906 at Corsicanna, Navarro Co., TX.
Died June 8, 1932 in Cherokee CO., TX. On his tombstone the date is June 6. On the death certificate it is June 8th. He died at Gallatin in the County of Cherokee, TX. The undertaker was Williamson Funeral Church in Jacksonville, TX.
Cause of death was apoplexia with contributory cause of importance as myocardosis.
Mattie May Moore McFadden was born January 15, 1889 in Chandler, Henderson TX. She died November 14, 1979 in Haskell, Haskell Co., TX. and is buried in Willow Cemetery in Haskell, TX. She never remarried after Samuel Steele died. Her father was Hezekiah Smith Moore and her mother was Martha Westbrook.
Samuel and Mattie had six children:
1 - Opal, (f) , born November 10, 1907 at Bazette, Navarro, TX. She married John Isbell on November 22, 1924 at Orth, Young Co., TX.
(2) Charles Carroll,(m), born July 22, 1910 at Corsicanna, Navarro Co., TX. Married Lorene Campbell on June 12, 1936 in Haskell, Haskell, TX.
(3) Curtis, (m), born March 3, 1912 and died August 19, 1921.
(4) A. D. (m), born April 20, 1915 at Rusk, Cherokee Co., TX. Married Maudie Letress Wright on January 18, 1936 in Haskell, Haskell Co., TX
(5) Jim,(m), born April 2, 1921 at Rochelle, McCulloch Co., TX. Married Argie Mae Wright on January 18, 1941 in Haskell, Haskell Co., TX
(6)Herman Lee, (m), born November 11, 1924, in Orth, Young Co., TX. He married Dorothy Lucille Todd on August 4, 1944. Herman died on December 22, 1973 at Galveston, Galveston Co., TX and was buried in Willow Cemetery in Haskell, Haskell Co., TX.
The only one of the children of Samuel Steele and Mattie May McFadden who is still living is Jim.
Herman and Lucille had 5 children, one of whom is my husband.
Most of this info is from an interview with a son of Jimmy McFadden, brother of Samuel Steele McFadden. It was done in the early 1980's when the man was 90+ years old.
T.(possibly Thomas) (S.) (wasn't sure of middle initial) McFadden, died 1907 at Bazette, TX. Buried in Prairie Point Cemetery.
Married (?) Carrolls who died in 1904 at Bazette, TX and was buried in Prairie Point Cemetery. Their children were
(1) Eller(f) who was married to Will Mann and a 2nd time to (?) Newsome. Eller and Will Mann had 4 children: Walter, John, Will and Eula.
Eller and (?) Newsome had 3 children, Effie, Alvin and Lee.
(2)Emmer(f) married John A. Brown. They had 6 children: Lula, Maggie, John T., Seth, Fred, and Bessie.
ADA MCFADDEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(3) Ader(f) married (?) Hultz or Hulsze. They had 2 children: Pierce and Allie
(4) Ora married (?) Newsome and had 4 children: Ed, Charlie, Claude and Eugene.
(5) Jimmy, (m) , born June 19, 1871 at Bazette, Navarro Co., TX, married Leona Mann. Jimmy died in 1935 at Freer, TX. They had 8 children: Thomas, born 1906 in Bazette, Navarro Co., TX, married Dolly Yarborough. James Elmore "Mansy", born March 11, 1893 at Bazette, Navarro Co., TX, married Ollie (?). Jewell(m) born 1908, Bazette, Navarro Co., TX. Lavinia born 1898, Bazette, Navarro, TX married (?) Maxwell. Pinkey (f) born 1901 at Bazette married (?) Pierce. Viola born 1910 at Bazette, married (?)Allison and (?). Ludie(f) born 1896 at Bazette and died 1899. Luther born 1904 at Bazette.
Willie Abner, born march 14, 1872 at Bazette. Died November 18, 1923. Buried at Mixon, TX. On August 15, 1903 married Alcie Dora Smith, b Dec 22, 1886 at Lavoca, TX and died Feb. 25, 1980 and is buried at Mixon, TX. They had 5 children: George Thomas, born April 5, 1909 in Coleman Co., TX. Married Inez Lake on January 4, 1933 in Cherokee Co., TX. Also 2nd wife (?). Ira Alton born Sept 24, 1911 at Sna Saba TX, died Sep 4, 1983. Married Hazel Jean Thompson on May 30, 1936. J. Y. born AUgust 14, 1914 in Cherokee Co., TX, married Vesta Smith on July 14, 1937. Eller Mae born December 5, 1917, married John A. Trotter on Sept 21, 1940. Gladys Merle, born Sep 29, 1920 married Robert Eldridge McMeans
Emmer(f) who married John A. Brown
NOTE:My Ader is very likely your Ada, born 1865-69.If so, her name was Ada F. McFadden. My Pierce is very likely your Pyeart.The name Allie matches.My source was not aware of Jackson and Roosevelt.
Please, reply and let me know what you have on this line.Thank you!!