I'm descended through the McFalls / Brockmeier line and would like to share information.I'm told that my great grandfather, William McFalls, was a full blooded Cherokee Indian.William was killed in Cincinnati Ohio in 1941 when a steel beam fell on him at work.The rest of the early information I have listed came from a book by Danny McBee called "Descendants of John McFalls Sr., One Man's Search for Family".I'm trying to find this book on file to download but haven't had much luck.The later information came from interviewing my family and records in the Asheville Records Office.Any information would be greatly appreciated.
First Generation ————————————————————————————————————————
1. John McFalls.
2 i. Authur McFalls ii. John Jr. McFalls; Born 1745. iii. Durham McFalls;
Second Generation ————————————————————————————————————————
2. Authur McFalls. Son of John McFalls. Born 5/22/1751 ®3 in Bedford Co. Virginia. Died 1835 in Grassy Creek, Spruce Pines, NC. Occupation Hunter, trader, farmer.
He first married Teek. They had the following children:
3 i. Isaac McFalls ii. Abrahma Hiram McFalls; Born 1825.
He second married Deliah. They had the following children:
i. Sally McFalls; Born 1802. ii. James McFalls; Born 1806.
He third married Emzy Hollifield. They had the following children:
i. Susannah McFalls; Born 1815.
Third Generation ————————————————————————————————————————
3. Isaac McFalls. Son of Authur McFalls & Teek. Born 1818. Buried in Grassy Creek Baptist Church, Spruce Pines, NC.
He married Eliza Jane. They had the following children:
i. George McFalls; Born 1839 in McDowell Co, NC. ii. Lydia McFalls; Born 3/1840. iii. Sara or Sally McFalls; Born 1843. iv. Elizabeth McFalls; Born 2/1845. 4 v. Stephan McFalls 5 vi. Noah McFalls vii. David McFalls; Born 1855. viii. Rachel McFalls; Born 1859.
6. William Isaac ®2 McFalls. Son of Stephan McFalls & Sara Shehan-Hugh's. Born Circa 1898. Died 1/1941 in Cinncinati, Ohio. Buried in Riverview Cemetry, NC. Occupation Steel Construction.
He married Inez Lanning, daughter of unknown & Hattie Lee Lanning, 10/8/1919. Born 7/29/1903 in Haywood Co., NC. Died 4/13/1984 in Asheville, NC. Buried in Riverview Cemetry, NC. They had the following children:
7 i. Alma McFalls ii. Flora Rebecca McFalls; 8 iii. Lola Marilee McFalls iv. Thelma McFalls; Died in infant death. Buried in Riverside Cemetery, Asheville, NC. 9 v. Myrtle Estalle McFalls 10 vi. Mildred McFalls 11 vii. William Isaac Jr. McFalls viii. Jack Brenton McFalls; Born 12/8/1936. 12 ix. Dorothy Ann McFalls
7. Alma McFalls. Daughter of William Isaac McFalls & Inez Lanning.
She married Pressley. They had the following children:
i. Wayne Allen Pressley ii. Estelle Pressley iii. Ronald Pressley
8. Lola Marilee McFalls. Daughter of William Isaac McFalls & Inez Lanning.
She married Bolen. They had the following children:
i. Bruce Waye Bolen
9. Myrtle Estalle McFalls. Daughter of William Isaac McFalls & Inez Lanning. Born 11/5/1920. Died 11/2/1991 in Asheville, NC. Buried in Skyview Memorial Park, Asheville, NC. Occupation Housewife.
She first married William Edward Brockmeier, son of Henry Bernard Brockmeier & Clara Taber. Born 10/27/1912 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Died 10/4/1952 in Asheville, NC. Buried 10/6/1952 in Riverview, Buncombe Co. Occupation Plumber. Religion Catholic. They had the following children:
13 i. William Edward Brockmeier 14 ii. Robert Gerald Brockmeier 15 iii. Barbara Geraldine Brockmeier 16 iv. Thelma Bernice Brockmeier 17 v. Charles Bernard Brockmeier 18 vi. Richard Lanny Brockmeier 19 vii. Terry Dale Brockmeier
She second marriedGeorge Hardy Boyd, 7/28/1957. Born 12/29/1922 in Avery Co., NC. Died 10/27/1997 in Asheville, NC. Buried in Skyview Memorial Park, Asheville, NC.
10. Mildred McFalls. Daughter of William Isaac McFalls & Inez Lanning. Born 3/27/1931.
She married Howell. They had the following children:
i. Barbara Ann Howell ii. Kathelene Howell iii. Krystal Howell
11. William Isaac Jr. McFalls. Son of William Isaac McFalls & Inez Lanning. Born 6/30/1934.
He married Ann. They had the following children:
i. Gail McFalls ii. Robin McFalls iii. Arlen McFalls iv. Kelly D. McFalls
12. Dorothy Ann McFalls. Daughter of William Isaac McFalls & Inez Lanning. Born 12/28/1940.
She married O'Neil Solesbee. They had the following children:
i. Sheila E. Solesbee ii. Brenton O. Solesbee iii. Robert L. Solesbee
Reference Note 2 Full Blooded Cheroke Indian
Reference Note 3 Arthur's parents were killed by Indian.He was captured and lived among them for several years.