I am seeking information on the ancestors, parents, siblings and descendents of g-g-g-grandfather JOHN JOSEPH MCKEE.
It is believed that John Joseph's father was EDWARD MCKEE, born Abt. 1815, possibly in Roscommon, Ireland. He married MARY (maiden name unknown) Abt. 1835. She was born Abt. 1815, also in Roscommon, Ireland (we think).
Children of EDWARD MCKEE and MARY are:
1. JOHN JOSEPH MCKEE, b. Abt. 1840, Roscommon, Ireland; d. March 10, 1901, Orange, NJ
2. PATRICK MCKEE, b. Abt. 1835, Ireland.
PATRICK MCKEE married CATHARINE WALLACE. She was born in Ireland. They had at least one child:
CATHARINE MCKEE, b. Abt. 1858, Ireland. She married HENRY MATTHEWS on September 11, 1882 in St. John's R.C. Church, Orange, NJ.
JOHN JOSEPH MCKEE married MARY A. GIBLIN around 1866-1868 in Staffordshire, England. Mary was the daughter of MARTIN GIBLIN and MARY KELLY.
John Joseph and Mary and one of their children emigrated to the US around 1871. (Their first two children stayed behind
due to illness, but followed later. They disappeared after that, and it is believed they disembarked in Boston by mistake. Although they were searched for, they were never found, and were probably placed in foster homes.)
Children of JOHN MCKEE and MARY GIBLIN are:
1. MARY MCKEE, b. Abt. 1868 in Lancashire, England
2. a boy (name unknown), b. Abt. 1870 in Lancashire, England
3. MARY ANNA MCKEE, b. February 14, 1871 or 1872, Lancashire, England, died January 22, 1943 in NJ
4. CATHERINE MCKEE, b. Abt. 1874, Orange, NJ
5. EDWARD JOSEPH MCKEE, b. February 1875
6. PATRICK MCKEE, b. Abt. 1879, possibly Orange, NJ; d. May
20, 1915, West Orange, NJ
7. ELIZABETH MCKEE, b. October 16, 1879
8. ROSE MCKEE, b. September 10, 1881
9. JAMES MCKEE, b. June 03, 1884
10. JOHN J. MCKEE, b. August 30, 1887.
Mary Anna McKee (my g-g-grandmother) married JAMES FRANCIS MCCARTNEY Abt. 1894. James Francis was the son of JAMES MCCARTNEY and CATHERINE MOONEY, was born March 12, 1872 in
Orange, NJ, and died February 14, 1952, in Orange or West Orange, NJ.
Children of MARY ANNA MCKEE and JAMES MCCARTNEY are:
1. HELEN LOUISE MCCARTNEY, b. August 22, 1894
2. JOHN MCCARTNEY, b. Abt. 1896; d. October 22, 1901, West Orange, NJ
3. JAMES FRANCIS MCCARTNEY, b. January 1896
4. WILLIAM HENRY MCCARTNEY, b. August 02, 1898
5. CATHERINE E. MCCARTNEY, b. Abt. 1899; d. December 04, 1987; m. SAMUEL CARNEY
6. HUGH LINCOLN MCCARTNEY, b. February 12, 1901; d. July 20, 1901
7. JOHN J MCCARTNEY, b. April 04, 1902; d. November 03, 1924; m. LILLIAN HOFFMAN, May 30, 1924
8. MARY ELIZABETH MCCARTNEY, b. May 23, 1903; d. October 20, 1903, West Orange, NJ
9. SUSAN LORETTA MCCARTNEY, b. September 10, 1905; m. HARRY E. RYDER, 6/30/1926, divorced him, then married JOHN STRUBLE
10. ELIZABETH MCCARTNEY, b. January 1907; d. August 10, 1907, West Orange, NJ
11. JOSEPH MCCARTNEY, b. February 1909; d. July 19, 1909, West Orange, NJ
12. ANNA MCCARTNEY, b. February 03, 1911; d. September 01, 1982
13. EDWARD ANTHONY MCCARTNEY, b. March 07, 1913, Charles Street, West Orange; d. April 07, 1973, West Orange
EDWARD JOSEPH MCKEE married ANNIE THERESA BURNS April 20, 1898, daughter of PATRICK BURNS and ANN BEIRNE. Annie Theresa was born in either February or April 1872, died
January 29, 1905.
There may have been other children born to Edward Joseph and Annie Theresa, but this is the only one confirmed:
MARY MCKEE, b. May 05, 1904; d. May 06, 1904.