My 3rd great-grandmother was Martha McKee who married (1) James Stewart (also spelled Stuart) and then (2) John Cassidy.
I do not know who Martha McKee's parents are but I know she was born in Ireland about 1811. She emigrated from Ireland to Smith twp., Peterborough Co., Ontario in the 1820s or 1830s.
I am trying to find a birth/christening date and place for Martha McKee, as well as the marriage information for her marriage to James Stewart. (Whether she wed James Stewart in Ireland or Ontario is not known.)
Martha and James Stewart (Stuart) had at least three sons:
(1) Henry Stewart (wife's name is Margaret Johnston)
(2) Thomas Stewart (wife's name is "Louisa", maiden nameunknown)
(3) John Stewart (wife's name is Frances Johnston)
Martha and John Cassidy wed 26 May 1838 in Peterborough, Peterborough Co., Ontario. They had five known children:
(1) Mary Jane Cassidy (wife of Sidney William Clegg, M.D.)
(2) James Cassidy (wife's name is Sarah Ann, maiden namepossibly Gillespie)
(3) Martha Ann Cassidy (wife of William Brumwell) -- my 2nd great grandparents who settled in North Dakota.
(4) Elizabeth Cassidy (possibly the wife of George Defries)
(5) Robert Cassidy (wife is Nancy Josephine Zimmerman)
Martha McKee Cassidy passed away 01 Jun 1885 in Smith twp., Peterborough Co., Ontario. I have copies of the death records for both Martha McKee Cassidy and her husband, John Cassidy. I do not know anything about the death of James Stewart.
If any of these individuals are familiar to you, please contact me.