EGLE’S NOTES & QUERIES - MCKEES
THE FOLLOWING FOR PERSONAL FAMILY RESEARCH AND NOT TO BE INCLUDED IN ANY PUBLICATION
1 James McKee of Derry d. Nov 1762 leaving wife Martha and Son Robert, Dau. xxx married Moses Potts, Dau xxxx mar Samuel Reed. Ref Pg 216/217 Vol 1, Series 3
2. Robert McKee of Derry d in 1794. Wife Isabella died prior to 1816 and they had at issue: James, John, Robert, Henry, Sample who died in Harrisburg on Jan6, 1820 and Isabella who mar David Dempsey.Same ref as #1 plus see page 92 vol 3 series 3 as follows:
Robert McKee, of Derry was and officer in the Pennsylvania militia from 1777 to 1781. He was born in what is at present Conewago township, Dauphin county, near Conewago Creek, and died in the beautiful farm he owned there.He was known as “Colonel McKee,” as there was a cousin Robert on the same Township, who was known as “Captain McKee.”The first named died in 1794; his wife Isabella Sample prior to 1816, and their children were:
ii. John, d.s.p.
iv. Henry, d.s.p.
v. Sample, m, and removed to Western PA
vi. Isabella, m. David Dempsey, of Venango.
3. John McKee, b 1782, died aged 49 years at the residence of his father James McKee of Pittsburg, on October 16, 1831
Ref Pg 454, Vol 2, Series 3
4. James McKee named executor. In LW&T of Andrew Dickson Atrim township about 1770-1783.Also extr LW&T of Wm Greenlee of Lurgan township in 1783.Ref; Pg 69/70 Annual Vol of 1900.
5. John McKee mar Sarah Porter on Nov 3, 1769 by Rev J Montgomery.Ref Pg 35, Vol. 1, series 4
6. John McKee mar Margaret Wilson on June 26th, 1770 by the Rev J. Montgomery in Georgetown Pa. Pg 36 Vol 1, Series 4
7. John McKee died Feb 17, 1847 age 86 yrs, 1mo., 12 days (bJan 2., 1761) Ref; Pg 277, Vol 1., Series 4
8. Martha McKee, wife of John?, died June 18, 1852 age 87 yrs, 9 days (b June 9 18, 1765), same ref.
9. John McKee, Mary Kidney mar in St James Church, Lancaster Pa Dec 26, 1771. Ref. Pg 22 Annual Vol 1897
10. John McKee noted as a merchant in 1804 news.Ref Pg 163, annual Vol of 1900.
11. John McKee noted as a Public House Keeper in list of xxx Ref Pg 168. Annual Vol 1900
12. Joseph McKee, b 1765, died Nov 9, 1840.Also Mary, wife of Joseph, died at 89 years both from tombstone in Presbyterian Graveyard Newville PA.Ref. Pg 128 Annual Vol of 1887.EGLE’S NOTES & QUERIES - MCKEES
13. Mary Mckee dau of Joseph Mckee of Springfield PA. mar John Schouller on Dec 30, 1802 in Cumberland PA Ref> Pg 87 Annual Vol of 1899
14. The following from Pg 5&6, Vol 2, Series 4;
Martha Hoge dau. of Robert and Lititia Hoge ,of Scotland via Ulster Ireland, was born Dec. !7, 1759 in the Juniata valley. ------ She married in the winter of 1777-78 , Thomas Mckee who was born in 1749 in County Down Ireland. He emigrated to Pennsylvania in 1774, and located near the Hoge’s in the Juniata Valley. At the beginning of the struggle for independence, he entered the service and for a time was under Morgan in one of the Pennsylvania companies of that brave partisan leader.In the summer of 1777, he served a time in Captain James Power’s company of the Second battalion, Cumberland County Associates. Subsequently, when in July 1778, a call was made for the frontier riflemen to go to the Standing Stone ( now Huntington), he marched with his neighbors, and in the fall of the same year served as first Lieutenant on the Seventh battalion.---- About the year 1795 Mr McKee removed to Western Pa and the year following, settled on a farm near the present town of Butler PA where he died in the year 1814
15. Thomas McKee, Indian trader of Paxtang and John Allison were named executors in LW&T of john Powell of Paxtang who died in 1748.Ref. Pag 565 Vol 3, Series 3.
16. Rev Joseph B. Mckee mar Catherine daughter of John Corothers about 181x in Lancaster PA Ref Pg 314, annual Vol 1900.
17. Xxx McKee mar Margaret Craig about 1820 in PA Ref Pg 238 annual vol of 1899.
18. Mary McKee mar William Beaty in 1741 in Ireland. Ref Pg 457, Vol 1, series ½.
19 George C. McKee mar Mary A. Bennett about 1812, she died in 1869 in Watsontown PA. Ref Pg 210, Annual Vol 1897.
20. Nancy McKee witness LW&T of William Crawford in 1782 in Westmoreland PA.
21. Capt. Robert McKee from Lancaster Pa served at battle of Trenton & Princeton on 1776. Ref. Pg 459 Vol 1,2, Series ½
22. Robert McKee in 1755 listed as Freeman settler of East End Derry Co PA.There was another Robert McKee listed in 1759 of West End Derry County Pa both on Pg 38 Vol 1 Series 4?
23. Col. Robert McKee died Dec 12, 1798 at his residence on Middletown Dauphin Co PA. Ref. Pg 463 Vol 2, Series 3
24. Xxx McKee mar Susan Waughs about 1800 in Adam Co PA. Ref.Pg. 30
25. Thomas McKee mar Ellse Whitside. On Aug 26, 1760.More on Thomas Mckee Was this the same man who gave the name to the first river falls above Harrisburg and was the owner of a farm about a mile above Maclaysburg known forty-five years ago as the McKee farm.Following is a long tale of how and Indian girls saved McKe’s life and he promised to marry her.Ref Pg 265-266 Vol 2, Series 1-2.
26. Thomas McKee’s farm in Upper Paxtang was later bought by Josiah Scott.