The following follows the previous message in sequence:
DAVID MACKEY of the Prov. of S.C. (no w. signs), a deed to JANE IRWIN, relict of HUGH IRWIN, dec'd sg 3 Dec 1767, "all that tract of land on waters of south fork of the Catawba River". WIT; JOHN CATHEY, JOHN CATHEY JR, EBENEZER MCAIN (MECKLENBURG CO NC ...3-11)
DAVID MACKEY a deed to GEO CATHEY both of Mecklenburg Co NC signed 18 APRIL 1769 , tract of 147 acres on MARLINS CREEK in Rowan Co being part of the 613 acres granted to GEORGE CATHEY 25 MARCH 1752 AND BY HIM CONVEYED TO WILLIAM MCKEE, DEC'D. WIT; ABRAHAM PIERCE, SAML. DINGLE (Rowan Co: 7-183)
WILLIAM MACKEY, COOPER, of Mecklenburg Co NC a deed to WILLIAM PATTERSON of TRYON CO Taylor (sic) signd 25 Feb 1771, tract of land containing 239 acres of 478 acres formerly conveyed by GEORGE CATHEY AND HIS WIFE FANNIE to JOHN BREVARD AND ROBT LUCKIE in trust for the use of WM MACKEY, DEC'D as appears by deeds of LEASE AND RELEASE bearing date 7th and 8th of DEC 1758. MW. MACKEY ?S? WIT; WM. BEATEY, JR, FRANCIS BEATEY SR, WALLACE BEATEY, ALEX PATTERSON (LINCOLN CO : 2-132)
The land that William McKee first bought back in 1752 was, according to a map in CAROLINA CRADLE, located on MARLINS CREEK. Today that is the area south of Thyateria (sic) Church in present Iredell Co NC. This is in the heart of the Irish and Trading Camp Settlements 1747 - 62.
Does anyone know where the land that was supposed to be deeded to the heirs of William McKee by the defaulting George Cathey Jr was located. The last deed reference above is Lincoln Co - did the land end up in what is now Lincoln Co. This could be a great help to researchers of the McKee Family if someone would post it here.