Please Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Uncle Brit is buried in David Albany McKeehan's Family Plot close to me in LaGrange, GA. I have pictures of the graves Plot as well as a copy of the Plot Summary. There are 6 graves, but only 3 have names on the markers, 2 have markers that were partially detroyed so the names are gone & one is unmarked - but the Plot Summary tells me exactly who is buried where. Aunt Mammie(or Mary Wilson McKeehan) & her parents & a possible sibling are buried there as well. Also, David Albany's Son Thomas is buried there. I would love very much if I can get more info. I do not wish to dredge up anything that may cause somebody pain, but if it is at all possible, we'd like to try to track them and/or their grandchildren down so they can have their rightful spot in our family tree.
Now, as for you - This is what I know about your direct line:
I have the parents & siblings of David Albany McKeehan & most of his Older Brother, John Eason McKeehan, Sr's Line because he is my grandfather. Have some lead possibly their Father, Noah D. McKeehan's parents & family. No leads to their mother, Susan "Suzie" Crosby McKeehan's Family - except their death places & dates & her burial place.
I know David Albany McKeehan Birth 17 DEC 1894 & Death 26 APR 1976, Burial LaGrange, GA Hillview East Cemetery - Sec 12, Lot 4, Space 7.& Mary Savannah "Mammie" Wilson McKeehan was the daughter of William A (died 1956, Hillview Annex Cemetery Sec: 12; Lot: 4; Space: 4. Burial Date: 7/17/1956) & Sallie E. Wilson (Died 9 Feb 1939, Burial: Hillview East Cemetery, LaGrange, Troup Co, GA. Section 12; Lot 4; Space 3.)A Sibling of Mary's (possibly from another marriage her father had after his wife died?) is also buried there, he is: Oscar T. Wilson, Death 28 March, 1942 & is listed as Infant.
David Albany & Mary Savannah "Mammie" Wilson had the following Children: had the following children (I am missing 1, i only have 9):
1) Bobby Jo McKeehan, whom I have listed as living since I don't know any more details on her.
2) Mary Jane McKeehan, whom I also have as living since I have no other info on her.
3)Naralene McKeehan, also no more info so is listed as living.
4) Florence McKeehan Born Abt 1915 (estimate from 1920 Census)also listed as living because no more info although I may have found her grave here in La Grange but can't make a positive ID.
5) Loretta McKeehan Born About 1917, listed as living since I have no other information.
6) Gerald LaVon McKeehan, Born 17 Sept 1922, Died July 5, 1928 from electrocution. Buried at Hillview East Cemetery in LaGrange, GA in DA McKeehan Plot. His Twin is Lavern McKeehan.
7) Lavern McKeehan Born 17 Sept 1922, listed as living since I have no other info.
8) Thomas David Mckeehan Birth 17 Nov 1925, Death 25 SEPT 2003, Burial 29 SEP 2003 at LaGrange, GA at Hillview East Cemetery, Sec 12, Lot 4, Space 5.
9) Oscar Jack McKeehan born about 1931 whom I have listed as living sinceI have no other info.
Are there any holes you can fill for me? We would love to invite you to the Facebook McKeehan Genealogy Page. Let me know if you'd like to visit it & help us there & I will send the URL. I really appreciate you contacting me. It looks like you can add a lot of very valuable information to our tree. As for Uncle Brit, we have been told throughout our lives that he was in a horrible auto accident that left him with a serious brain injury that caused him to have very violent outbursts. My Grandpa, his brother, helped take care of him some until his death in 1942. They said he had to be tied down at times. I do not know if his wife was in the wreck as well, or if she left & gave the boys up, or just had to have help with them for a while or what - don't even have a name for her. Although I know he was in Millegeville, I think the records are sealed. All of my mother's siblings have passed & there was a lot of senility, possibly Alzheimer's among them, so I never got a straight story out of anybody. My Mother has Alzheimer's & can become pretty violent at times. I have found other McKeehan's that were institutionalized & 1 who died from what was listed as "Senility" but who was not institutionalized so I wonder if there is some sort of connection to the Alzheimer's & Senility in her family. Any little tidbit of info you can offer will help. I will share any information that you like as well or answer any questions you may have about our line of the family. I am anxious to learn everything possible about your branch of the family as well as any clues to Uncle Brit's Line. I have found a Delmos McKeehan, but he is another child in the family that just happened to be given the same name.
Thank you so much for contacting me & I look forward to hearing more from you.
Tina Poole (SC Poole)