I have been recently working through some of the materials I have gathered over the years on David & Daniel McKissick of Butler Co. I still have never been able to figure out whos who. Are they brother, father/son, or what. In the information that follows I am also interested in things like, who where the wives, what children went with who and are there other? Does anyone know exactly who Martha D McKissick was? When did David/Daniel die? Basically anything and everything about them and their familes.
The only hard fact I know is that Martha McKissick (b. maybe 1812 - d. before 1890 or 1900) m. Jacob Rose (1809-1888). They are my 2nd great grandparents. They resided in Butler Co PA. I have been told her father was Daniel, but I have no hard proof.
I have complied the following of the Court and Census data I have on David and Daniel. If anyone can help me piece this together I would be most appreciative. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data as follows: Butler Co Court Documents - Daniel McKissick
1. Indenture recorded in Butler Co 1809 - Sale of land in Center Twp Butler Co PA in 1807 or 1808. Daniel sold land in Queen Ann Co Maryland to Stephen Lowery.
2. Indenture 1852-James McKissick selling land in Center Twp Butler Co PA from estate of Daniel McKissick to Jacob Rose
3. Account of Estate of Daniel McKissick North Butler Twp Butler Co PA Recorded September 1853. Page 2 mentions earlier court documents from March of 1849 and Sept of 1845.
4. Another account of Daniel McKissick of North Butler Twp Butler Co PA estate in November 1853
5. Indenture of Martha D McKissick stated to be widow of Daniel or David (hard to read) McKissick of Marion Co Indiana date April 1861.Land, in Center Twp Butler Co PA, being sold to Jacob Rose. Land formally owned by father Daniel McKissick. Adjoins land of David McKissick and others. [Interesting note: Withness to this is a D.H. Oliver. Found Martha D in 1860 Marion Co Indiana census in household of D. H. Oliver]
6. Petition of Charles Bulter ? guardian of Elzia Jane McKissck 1861. Eliz is stated to be a minor child of Daniel McKissick. Petition from Jefferson Co Pa regarding the sale of land in Center Twp Butler Co.
Court Documents David McKissick
1. Petition of David McKissick for Naturalization Recorded 1806 Sept Court Term - State that David had lived in Butler Co for 5 years as of January 25th 1797. States David is in Slippery Rock Twp. - Previous allegiance to Ireland.
2. Letters of administration of Estate of Dr. David McKissick 4 March 1861. Administrated by D. H. Oliver. Confirms agreement between deceased and Jacob Rose May 12, 1852.[Seems to confirm that #5 above references David not Daniel McKissick - In 1860 Marion Co IN census D.H. is also listed as a doctor]
Census Information from Butler Co PA on David and Daniel McKissick