This is rather convoluted, but I'll try to make some sense out of it:
My grandfather, Samuel Brown, had a half brother named Albert Manford Brown, b. 27 Feb 1874 in MO, d. 16 Jul 1941 in San Luis Obispo, CA.
In 1928 he married Maude S. "Unknown."She died 3 Dec. 1930 in Kettleman City, Kings Co., CA.Her obituary states that her surviving children are as follows:
Katherine & Smith McQuery of Washington, D.C.
Hubert McQuery of Morro Bay
Margaret Kelly of Morro Bay
This leads me to believe that Maude S. "Unknown" was married 3 times - first to someone named McQuery, then to someone named Kelly, then to my grandfather's half brother, Albert Manford Brown, for a brief time before she died.
I found them in the 1930 census with this information:
1930 U.S. Census, Morro Village, San Luis Obispo Co., CA, 8 Apr 1930. Roll 213, Book 1, pg 108b, enumerated 8 Apr 1930, ED 40-10, sheet 12b, img 24/52, Boat House/Morro Village, lines 72-76 (153/153):
* Brown, A. Manford, head, owns home, 4000 value, has radio, not on a farm, M/W, age 56, married, age 20 at first marriage, able to read & write, b. MO, father b. IL, mother b. MO, speaks English, broker/real estate, E class worker, actively at work, not a veteran
* Maude S., wife, F/W, age 37, married, age 16 at first marriage, able to read & write, b. KY, parents b. KY, speaks English, no occupation
* McQuery, Smith E., stepson, M/W, age 18, single, able to read & write, b. KY, parents b. KY, speaks English, laborer/Oil Co., W class worker, actively at work, not a veteran
* [McQuery], Hubert, stepson, M/W, age 16, single, attended school since 1 Sep 1929, able to read & write, b. KY, parents b. KY, speaks English
* Kelly, Margaret K., stepdaughter, F/W, age 9, single, attended school since 1 Sep 1929, able to read & write, b. CA, father b. OH, mother b. KY, speaks English, no occupation.
My interest is in any information on Albert Manford Brown.I notice that the spelling here is different from the way it was spelled in Maude's obituary - McQuery, but that could be an error.
You have my thanks for any information anyone may have.