I am searching for information about Sophie McWaters, daughter of Oscar and Catherine Coffey McWaters.
Also, would like to know when and where Catherine died.In 1930 she was a widow and employed by the American Red Cross in Hillsborough Co., FL.
Thanks for any help!
Oscar Elman MCWATERS was born in Ontario, Canada in Sep1874.He registered for the WWI draft on Jun 5, 1917 in Chattanooga, Hamilton Co., TN.1He died in Tampa, Hillsborough Co., FL in 1929.2
Oscar Elman MCWATERS and Mary Catherine COFFEY were married about 1900 in Kentucky.They appeared in the census on Jun 5, 1900 in Monticello, Wayne Co., KY in the household with his father-in-law, Lewis Coffey.They appeared in the census on May 4, 1910 in Boyle Co., KY.3They appeared in the census on Jan 14, 1920 in Hamilton Co., TN.4Mary Catherine COFFEY (daughter of Lewis COFFEY and Sophie Loretta BUSTER) was born in Eadsville, Wayne Co., KY in Jun1878.She appeared in the census on Apr 12, 1930 in Hillsborough Co., FL.5Oscar Elman MCWATERS and Mary Catherine COFFEY had the following children:
i. Sophie MCWATERS was born in Kentucky about 1901.On May 4, 1910 she lived in Boyd Co., KY in the household with her parents.
1. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 . National Archives and Records Administration. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. M1509, 20,243 rolls. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration. Oscar Elman McWaters registered for the draft in Chattanooga, Hamilton Co., TN on Jun. 5, 1917.He was described as being of medium height with slender build, blue eyes and brown hair.He gave his age as 43, born Sep. 30, 1874 in Canada.He was a watchmaker who resided at 548 Oak St. with his wife Katherine.He was employed by Myers Leach Jewelry Co at 823 Market St. in Chattanooga.
2. Ancestry.com. Florida Death Index, 1877-1998 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2004. Original data: State of Florida. Florida Death Index, 1877-1998. Florida: Florida Department of Health, Office of Vital Records, 1998. Vol. 436, Cert. No. 15343. Name: Oscar Elman McWaters Death Date: 1929 County of Death: Hillsborough State of Death: Florida Race: White Gender: Male.
3. United States Federal Census for years indicated. 1910 Boyle Co., Danville City, Pct. 12, 404 Bway [Broadway?], dwelling 442, family 498, McWaters, Oscar, head, male, white, age 35, married once for 10 yrs., born Ontario, Canada, Jeweler; Catherine, wife, female, white, age 30, married once for 10 yrs., mother of 1, 1 living, born KY, parents born KY; Sophia, dau., female, white, age 9, born KY, father born KY, mother born KY. [The family also appears in the 1910 Kentucky Miracode Index].
4. Ibid., 1920 Hamilton Co., Chattanooga, Ward 7, ED182, Sheet 12A, 548 Oak St., dwelling 221, family 277, McWaters, Oscar, head, male, white, age 45, married, born Canada, father born Scotland, mother born Canada, retail jeweler; Mary C., wife, female, white, age 40, married, born KY, parents born KY; Sophia, dau., female, white, age 19, single, born KY, father born Canada, mother born KY; Coffey, Charles, bro-in-law, male, white, age 37, married, born KY, parents born KY, lawyer; Coffey, Margaret, sister-in-law, female, white, age 24, married, born TN, parents born TN; Charles, Jr., nephew, male, white, age 2 yrs., 6 mos., born TN, father born KY, mother born TN.
5. Ibid., 1930 Hillsborough Co., Hyde Park, ED107, Sheet 2B, 104 S. American [?], dwelling 43, family 54, McWaters, Katherine, head, female, white, age 45, widow, born KY, parents born KY, secretary for American Red Cross. [In the census [K}[C}atherine gave her age as 45 years, meaning that she was born about 1885.Residence is an apartment house].