In 1899 Heinreich Ferdinand Melzer purchased a mill from the Alt family heirs. H.F. Melzer and his sons Emil and William formed the Melzer Mill Company and manufactured rye meal, corn meal, and feeds.
In 1903, William & Emil bought the mill from their father and formed a partnership that they continued until 1930 when Emil died. William bought the interest and continued theoperation until 1951. Flour was marketed under the "White House" brand name.
The Melzer Mill Co. building was torn down in June, 1951. It was located on West Jefferson Avenue at the present site of the Assembly of God Church.