Thanks, Ken. I can take you back a few more generations !
6. Asenath (b. abt 1838), was d/o
5. Stephen Merrifield (b. 7 Oct 1807, d. 14 Aug 1887 in Porter, Oxford Co., ME) and Dorothy “Dolly” Durgin (b. 24 Mar 1807 in Hiram, Oxford Co., ME, d. 5 Jun 1882 in Porter, ME, d/o Samuel and Phebe (Day) Durgin), who married 18 Mar 1832, in Porter, ME. Other siblings were Betsey (1833), Stephen (1835), **Charles Henry (1843) (my ancestor), Noah M. (1851) and Sara Jane (1863). They resided in both Porter and Brownfield, ME.
4. Simeon Merrifield (Jr.) (b. abt 1774/5 in Wells, York Co., ME, d. before 1830 in Porter, ME) married first (Int.) 6 Aug 1791, Patience Sears, with whom he had son Ivory (b. abt 1805 in Porter, ME) and second (Int.) 16 Nov 1806, in Limington, ME, Mehitable Wormwood (b. abt 1786 in Cornish, Oxford Co., ME, d. 26 May 1858 in Porter, ME, d/o James and Abigial (Cousins) Wormwood), with whom he had children Stephen, John P., Renssalear, and Mehitable.
3. Simeon Merrifield (Sr.) (b. before 5 Sep 1742 in Wells, ME, d. 8 Sep 1829 in Limington, ME) married 24 Sep 1765 in Berwick, York Co., ME, Elizabeth Hearl (chrs. 9 Jun 1745 in Berwick, ME, d/o Richard and Bridget (Allen) Hearl), with whom he had Margaret, Simeon, Samuel, Levi, Stephen, and Edmund.
2. Simeon Merrifield (b. before Apr 1709 in Berwick, ME, d. [15 Jan 1748/9]) married 11 Feb 1734/5 in Eastham, Barnstable Co., MA, Thankful Ryder (b. 1 Apr 1709 in Yarmouth, Barnstable Co., MA, d. ____, d/o John and Hester/Esther (Hall) Ryder), with whom he had children Samuel, John, Simeon, Mary, William, and Thomas.
1. William Merrifield (b. about 1687 in Kittery, York Co., ME, d. ____), married 18 Oct 1708 in Kittery, ME, Margaret Frost (b. abt 1689 in Kittery, ME, d. abt 1714 in Kittery, ME, d/o Nicholas and Mary (Small) Frost), with whom he had children Simeon, Margaret, Francis, and Thomas.
One of the great mysteries is the origin of William Merrifield, who, when he was married, was said to be “of Cape Cod.”
I have the maternal lineages back to each Colonial ancestor, as well.