I would appreciate comments on the following, which is the best evidence I have seen so far regarding the parents of Edward Mobberly, born 13 May 1696 in All Hallows Parish, Anne Arundel Co., MD.
1. JOHN1 MOBBERLY was born 1657, and died 1727. He married (1) ANN WOODS Bet. 1686 - 1687. She died Bef. 1708. He married (2) ELIZABETH ROBERTSON Bef. June 1708. He married (3) SUSANNAH SCAGGS February 28, 1716.
Notes for JOHN MOBBERLY:
Moved to Maryland by 1688.
Anne Arundel County Church Records of the 17th and 18th Centuries; All Hallows Parish-Births:
page 2- John Mobberly and Ann, parents of John Mobberly, son born 2 March, 1688; James Mobberly, son born 3 January, 1687; William Mobberly, son born March 1693; Edward Mobberly, son born 13 May, 1696.
page 4- John Mobberly and Ann, parents of Thomas Mobberly, son born 18 January 1697/8.
The above Edward born in 1696 cannot be the same Edward mentioned in "The Robert Coleman Family, from VA to TX 1652-1965."His parents are assumed to be William and Phoebe Lovejoy, but no documentation is given. The following is an exerpt from the book, pg. 321:
Edward Moberley, Sr., born 1700, died 1787, md. in 1735, Susannah de Ruel, born 1702, d. 1761.Children:
(1) William, married a Hill
(2) Clement, married Mary Fox
(3) Benjamin, married Mrs. Hill, a widow.
(4) Edward, married Drucilla Meador.
(5) John, married Mary Beam
(6) Samuel (c.1739-c.1809) married Mary (Polly Wagner)1761.
(7) Polly, married Thomas Halsell.
(8) Susannah, married Lewis Meador.
(9) Sallie, married Jason Meador.
(10) Elizabeth, married Job Meador.
(11) Keziah, married Thomas Meador.
(12) Dorcas, married Richard Hill.
The following shows that the Edward born in 1696 died in Fairfield Co., SC in 1765.
1020. Edward Mobley, born May 13, 1696 in All Hallows Parish, Anne Arundel Co., Maryland; died Apr 11, 1765 in Fairfield Co., S. Carolina. He was the son of 2040. John Mobberly and 2041. Ann Biggers. He married 1021. Ann 1717 in Maryland.
1021. Ann, born 1747-1751.
I descend from Clement Moberley and Mary Fox, and am confused about which Edward was his father.Were Edward 1700-1787 and Susannah de Ruel his parents, or were Edward 1696-1765 and Ann his parents?
Since the parrish records clearly show a John and Ann (Ann Woods Biggers dau of John Biggers?) Mobberley as the parents of Edward 1696-1765, does that leave William and Phoebe Lovejoy as the parents of Edward 1700-1787?
If we are talking about two separate Edwards, can someone list them by birth and death dates and list their wives and children?Any documentation will be greatly appreciated.
College Station, TX