Very recently while typing up the Bible Record of Uncle Frederick and Betty Moser Mock I notcied a notation for a George Mock went to Texas half brother of the other children from this I discovered that Frederick Mock had a relationship with a neighbor girl Named Jane Gant whow as yopung enough to be his daughter, Several chidlren were born of this relationship including some born before his wife Betty Moser Mock died. I have been able to trace Laura and George but not the other chidlren by Jane Gant. here is a breakdown of the two families: Frederick Mock Bible Record Frederick Mock born August 25 1797(Christening Date is several years earlier) Betsy Moser (Elizabeth) birthdate not given Daughter of Jacob and Margaret Moser Married March 25 1817
1.Nancy M Mock born December 3 1817 Married Joseph Moose after 1850
2.Sarah Elizabeth Mock born November 2 1819 married Jenkins Fulp
3. P. Caroline Mock Born January 17 1820 married Elisha Sherrill md circa 1836-1840
4. Jacob Mock was born November 24th 1822 Married Barbara Goble
5. Henry Frederick Mock was born November 12 1827 Married 1. Elizabeth Allen 2. Isabella Sherrill 3. Isabella Wilkerson 6. Susannah Mock was born March 12th 1831 she married____________ Massey
7.David A Mockwas born October 3 1833
8. Lewis william Mock born April 15 1838 died in the Civil War Wife Elizabeth Stewart daughter of Abner and Sarah Alexander Stewart
9. Mary Emaline Mockborn march 23 1838 married John L Goble
10. Catherine Lavinia Mock born May 27 1840 Married Samuel Franklin Young
11.John Mock born day not entered year 1844 Married sarah Elizabeth Gant Daughter of Martin Luther and Malinda Frye Gant John Mock died before 1868 and Sarah married William H Stewart Sarah Elizabeth's brother Avery Ellis Gant married Laura Alice Gannt/Mock born Feb 25 1852 not on the record: Frederick Mock took up with his Next door Neighbor and consort Jane Gant daughter of Avery and Sarah Gant. Avery was a brother to Martin Luther Gant .
1. Laura Alice Gant/Mock was born Feb 25 1852 She Married Avery Ellis Gant and they went to texas where she died Nov 14 1939 She and avery were in Arkansas from 1887 to atleast 1895 2. Sarah Gant /Mock born 1858 3. James Gant/Mock born 1860 4.Jane Gant/Mock born 1862 5. George Mock Born 1867 George went west with his Older sister Laura and I believe he and his wife Kate were in california by 1900
son of Frederick Mock and Jane Gant born 1867 Iredell NC migrated to Arkansas and Texas with his sister Laura Mock /Gant and ehr Husband Avery Ellis Gant Name: Geo W Mock Home in 1900: Belleville, San Bernardino, California Age: 33 Estimated birth year: abt 1867 Birthplace: North Carolina Relationship to head-of-house: Head Spouse's name: Kate Race: White Occupation: View image Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Geo W Mock 33 Kate Mock 26 Eva Mock 4
I would very much Like to communicate with descendants of the Gant/Mock line as I am weel aquainted with the lineage of Uncle Frederick and his wife Betsy Moser Mock as she was a sister to my great great Grandmotehr Polly Moser Dagenhart.This second Family was completely unknown to me until this past weekend. Please contact me!! The Mock Homeplace is on the Catawba River in what is Now Alexander County .The original Plantation was in bot Iredell and Alexander county NC.It is one of the Oldest brick Houses still standing in Alexander County and was made from handmade brick made by slaves right on the property.The House is still owned by the Mock Family.