Further to our recent telephone conversation, I was able to gather the following information from other MOODY family members and a range of South Australian (SA) records.
Within the descendants of John MOODY and Mary HOPKINS, I now know of at least 6 marriages to members of the SHANNON family.
1. Abraham James Hopkins (AJH) MOODY (1809-1899) married Elizabeth SHANNON on 02 Jan 1844 in DON, IRL.AJH’s parents are John MOODY & Mary HOPKINS.
2. Ruth MOODY (1845 – 1884) married Andrew SHANNON (1878 - 1889) in IRL, possibly ANT.Ruth is the only child of AJH MOODY and Elizabeth SHANNON.I have not yet located details for Andrew SHANNON.
The following 4 marriages occurred in SA.
3. Grace MOODY (1864-1890) married John Wallace SHANNON on 18 Aug 1884.Grace’s parents are Solomon MOODY & Charlotte Adelaide FOOTE & her grandparents are John MOODY & Mary HOPKINS.John’s parents are Abraham SHANNON and Eliza MAHOOD and his grandparents are William Cochrane SHANNON and Jane HOPKINS.
4. After Grace’s death in 1890, John Wallace SHANNON married her older sister, Alice Jane MOODY (1859-1938) on 21 Jul 1890.
5. Grace MOODY (1893-1967) married William Lionel SHANNON after 1916.Grace’s parents are Howard Nottle (or Nathan) MOODY & Margaret PARKINSON, her grandparents are Israel Joseph MOODY & Ellen FOOTE and her great-grandparents are John MOODY & Mary HOPKINS.William’s parents are James Kelly SHANNON and Christina McKenzie SCOTT and his grandparents are David SHANNON and Sarah KELLY.David is the younger brother of the Abraham SHANNON mentioned above.
6. Margaret Ruth MOODY (1910-?) married Edward Laurence SHANNON after 1916.Margaret is the younger sister of Grace (b.1893) while Edward is the brother of William.
I will forward some additional information via email
By the way, it appears that all of the above couples are also HOPKINS family descendants (with the possible exception of Andrew SHANNON) - I will provide further details by email.