I am looking for my Robinson family. I am postint on any Robinson I find in hope of locating anyone that might be able to help me. Please view the folling info and if you know anything about the robinsons in the lineage please email me at email@example.com My grandmother Mary Tennessee Robinson Lacy, was the daughter ofNancy J. Taylor andJoseph Robinson. Their Children were
1) Lizzie Robinson m: William Plummer
(2) Thomas Speed Robinson 1879 Laurel Co, KY d: 1966 buried: Pinnacle Cemetery, Madison Co, AR m: Gertie Ledford daughter of Samuel &Nancy(Maney) Ledford buried: Pinnacle Cemetery, Madison Co, AR
3) Bell Robinson m: Sam Porter
(4) Mary Tennessee Robinson Died Dec 3, 1918 Buried at Watts Oklahomam: Nathan Lacy 8-17- 1883at Thompson Madison Co.Ark. by Joseph Wheeler
Nathan D. Lacy was born 8-22-1884 Died 7-27-1974 Fayetteville Ark Buried Alabam Cemetery Huntsville Ark.
Children of Mary and Nathan Lacy #1 Charles Edward Lacy b. 5-29-1906 d. 1-24-1936 Edward was married to Flora Steeley on 10-16-1930 Children #1 Barbara Joan Lacy b. 3-30-1933 #2 Philip Daniel Lacy B. 8-10-1932 Died 1-24-1936 Edward's home was on fire and he ran back into the house to save the Philip the baby. They both perished in the fire.
#2 Leroy Everett Lacy B 2-18-1918 married Anna Laura Bolton Lacy b 11-24-1919 . Married July 1st, 1939 at Bixby Ok. Their Children are #1 Philip Edward Lacy b. 7-7-1942 #2 Jimmy Lee Lacy b. 12-15-1943 #3 Mary Anna Lacy Vivian b. 3-23-1946
5) Harve Robinson m: Mamie Thompson
6) James Leroy Robinson m: Dorcas Thomas, on 18 Sep 1911, in Madison Co, AR
(7) George Robinson m: Sally Ketcher
(8) Ida Robinson m: Frank Yates
(9) Fred Robinson
10) Marie Robinson m: John Weir
After the loss of Mary due to the flu epidemic in 1919 I think my G-father became very confused. My Dad always told us he was at least 1/4 Cherokee. This is what my Grandpa Nathan told him. He told Dad that Mary was 3/4 Cherokee. This would actually make my father more than 1/4. My dad grew up thinking that his name was Roy and his middle name was Edward same as his brother. Years later my father had to send off for his birth certificate, and when they received this, he found out that his first name was Leroy, middle name was Everett and that he was born a year later than what my Grandfather had always told him he was.
As you can see I do not have much to go by and I can't seem to find anything at all on Joseph Robinson and his parents. I would love to know my Great Great Grandparents and anyone else in our lineage.
I am also doing our Indian research to file for our Indian heritage. There is some doubt now as to wether we are Cherokee or Choctaw. My mother also has Cherokee lineage so one of the reasons we are trying to get the Robinson's Indian heritage is so we know how much Indian we actually are. Above all our main goal is to trace our Robinson family.
If you can help me in anyway I can not express how much this would mean to me.