The Nebeker's came to this County in 1749, arriving in Philidalphia, and traveling south to take up residence on the banks of The Christina River, where now we find New Castle Co., Delaware.
The first Nebeker was born in Haefelfingen 13 Nov 1717.He spelled his name Nebiker in Basel-land, where he married Elsbeth Thomann, older by 6 months, having been born in March of 1706.
Imigation was necessary as the Nebiker's were Palatine faith...and were driven out.Elsbeth, her husband and two boys, Hans, 12, and Johann Jokob ,8 traveled down the Rhine river to Holland and there sailed away,only to stop in England to take on provisions....Where Elsbeth and her two boys left the ship refusing to sai over the sea.
Old Nebiker, then 39, did sail, and when in the Colonies and in the Delaware area, married Mary or Maria Ann Stilley.To this union were born -6 boys and 3 girls.
Johannes Martin Nebeker is spelled with other letters in the name....and many inthe family adhear to the mis-spelling.The Genealogy record in Haefelfingen, and in the area around Sir-See (a laken) is as set forth above.
The Nebiker's were in Haefelfingen from about 1545.