New's in early Virginia, Georgia: Peter, Jacob, Henry, William...
comments powered by
Does anyone have any 'News' on this family? I believe that this is correct:
1. John E. New b. 1865 in GA married Ella/Luella...who is she? Children were: Fred, Orland, Roy, Hope, Julia, Ellen, Wack (? could be Ralph?), Ruth, Ralph, Lessie.
2. His father was William N. New born 1822 in Newton GA, married Arminda McClung. Who is she? Children were Sarah, James, William, John, and Jacob/Jack, Henry, Emma, Olia.
3. William's father was Henry New b. 1796 in VA, married Levisa Smith. Is this correct, who is she, who were their other children?
4. Henry's father was Jacob New b. 1761, Amherst VA, married Edith/Edy Swinney.
5. Some indications are that Henry's father was Peter New b. 1725 in Germany, married Margaretha Fell b. 1734 in Germany. Both died in Hampshire/VA in 1788, and 1816, resp.
Would be interested in learning more about this family, specifically if they were involved in either the Revolutionary War and the Civil War, and more on the females.Help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Donna Crosby