Tina: Thefirst Newlin was Nicholas Newlin, from Ireland,a Quaker, who came to Chester Penn.
Nicholas Newlin, born ca. 1634, born Ireland 0r England married Elizabeth Paggott, Elizabeth born Ca. 1638, Ireland or England, died ca. 1717.Nicholas died May 1699, both buried meeting house yard in Concord, Delaware Twp. PA. Children:
1. Nathaniel, b. 18 Dec. 1665, Mount Mellick, Ireland, Married Mary Mendenhall
2. John, b. ca. 1667,Mount Mellick, Ireland.
3. Elizabeth b. ca. 1663,Mount Mellick, Ireland, married Thomas Burton
4. Rachel Newlin, ca. 1669, Mount Mellick, Ireland,m. Ephraim Jackson
5. Nicholas Jr. b. ca. 1673 Mount Mellick, Ireland
Nicholas Newlin submitted a certificate from the Meeting House in Mountmellick in Co. tyrone, Ireland, to the Meeting, House dated 25 Dec. 1862.
The book The Newlin Family, Ancestors and Descendants of John and Mary Pyle Newlin, has much information covering this family, it was published in 1965.If you can find someone with this book to do lookups.All I have are excerpts from it.
Your line probably came from Nathaniel, you seem to have a large gap in the time line.Will keep looking for other clues.Check this whole site, as many families are related to Nicholas and Elizabeth