I am researching the Noells of Bedford Co., VA.
My GGGG Grandparents were Cornelius Noell (1745-1820) and Sarah (Sally) Miller (ca 1750 - bef Jan 1834).
I descend from their son, Caleb Noell (Sr.), born abt 1796/1797 in Bedford Co., VA.He died 8 June 1883 in Summers Co., West VA.He married Anna (Nancy) Hatcher, d. of Julius F. Hatcher & Celia Fuqua, on 10 March 1819 in Bedford Co., VA.
Their children were:
(1) Catherine NOELL b: Abt 1824 Bedford Co., Virginia
(2) Norbourne William NOELL b: 6 Mar 1825 Bedford Co., Virginia
(3) Judith Ann NOELL b: Abt 1826 Bedford Co., Virginia
(4) Albert Gallatin NOELL b: 1827-1830 Bedford Co., Virginia
(5) Julius Hatcher NOELL b: 8 Nov 1828 Bedford Co., Virginia d: 14 Mar 1924 Kansas
*** +Frances Ann DOUGLAS b: Abt 1830 Virginia m: Abt 1850 Father: Mother:
* *2nd Wife of Julius Hatcher Noell:
*** +Martha W. CASEY b: Abt 1840 Kentucky m: 3 Aug 1863 Coffey Co., Kansas
(6) Salina NOELL b: Abt 1834 Bedford Co., Virginia
(7) Sarah Florentine NOELL b: 23 Sep 1837 Bedford Co., Virginia d: 8 Jun 1874 Summers Co., West Virginia
*** +John James MEADOR b: 26 Feb 1837 Mercer Co., Virginia m: 21 Oct 1856 Mercer Co., Virginia Father: William M. Meador Mother: Celia ?_______
(8) Ludoiska Olivia NOELL b: 26 Aug 1838 Bedford Co., Virginia d: 4 Mar 1876
*** +John DOUGLAS
(9) Caleb T. NOELL b: 1838-1840 Bedford Co., Virginia d: 24 Nov 1861 Civil War -- place unknown
*** +Isabella MOFFETT b: 11 Aug 1840 Rushville Township, Rush Co., Indiana m: 8 May 1859 Burlington, Coffey Co., Kansas d: 7 Apr 1910 Burlington, Coffey Co., Kansas Burial: Glendale Cemetery, Burlington, Coffey Co., Kansas Father: Wesley Moffett Mother: Catherine Summers
****This is my direct line****
(10) Ida Imogene NOELL b: Abt 1843 Bedford Co., Virginia
Brothers Albert & Julius, with his wife and 2 sons, moved to Coffey Co., Kansas in February 1857.Their younger brother, Caleb T. Noell (my 3X Grandfather), joined them in July 1858.
Caleb T.'s son, Caleb Thomas Noell (my 2X Grandfather), later settled in Cass Co., Nebraska in the Weeping Water area.
My mother and I both belong to the DAR, we used Cornelius as our "Patriot" to gain membership.
I would love to hear from anyone working on this "limb" of the Bedford Co., VA Noells -- especially anyone who has more infomation on the other children that did not make it to Kansas.
Valerie (Johnson) Freeman
Santa Ana, California