What is known about the family and parentage of Jonathan Ozment/Osment who married Sarah Howren, 16 May 1833, Guilford Co., NC? This family is on the 1850 Census of Guilford Co., NC (p256B), but by 1880 Jonathan and Sarah had moved with several of their children to Morgan Co., Indiana.
The 1850 census shows Jonathan as born ca. 1809, NC and his wife Sarah as born ca. 1806. The census enumerator gave the birth county in TN of the two sons that were not born in NC.
1. Elizabeth Ozment, b. c1834, NC.
2. Belinda/Malinda Ozment, b. c1837, NC; m. William Self, 9 Aug. 1855, Guilford Co., NC. Their son Jesse Self was living in Morgan Co., IN with his Ozment grandparents in 1880.
3. Jesse Ozment, b. c1837-9, Lauderdale Co., TN; m. Elizabeth A. Henderson, 20 March 1866, Guilford Co., NC. In 1870 this couple resided at Fancy Gap Township, Lambsburg, Carroll Co., VA, p406. In 1880 they are at Brown, Morgan Co., IN p24A. Did Jesse make a brief trip to California and reside in the 1860 Trinity Co., CA household of Theophilus Netherly?
4. John Ozment, b. c1841, Lauderdale Co., TN. Did he marry Sarah J. Aydelott, 16 Jan. 1861, Guilford Co., TN. Was he enumerated as J. A. Osment in the 1860 Trinity Co., CA census household of Theophilus Netherly?
5. William Ozment, b. c1843, NC.
6. Charles Ozment, b. c1846, NC; m. Julia. They are on the 1880 census Monroe, Morgan Co., IN, p50D.