Nicholas Pamplin, the co-founder was born in 1666 at Widdington, Essex County, England. His parents were Richard Pamplin and Joan Woodley Pamplin and he married ca. 1728 to SaraRoane who was dau. of William Roane and Sara Upshaw of Essex County, VA. Their children were:
1. John mentioned in the will of Nicholas but thought to be an invalid of some sort.
2. William born ca. 1730 in Gloucester or Essex Co., VA
3. Nicholas b. ca. 1732 md. Mary Reeves & had 3 children
4. Mary Pamplin who md. John Hope
5. Thomas b. ca 1736. Assumed dead before 1757 unmarried
6. James P., Sr. b. ca 1738 in Gloucester or Essex Co., VA md. Rachel Hunt. Moved from Essex Co. to Amherst Co. VA in 1783. The census of 1790 shows him head of family of 12 whites and 4 blacks. The roster of the Amherst Militia states that he was a Captain in the Revolutionary War 1779-80 and that he was a Major in 1783 and resigned his commission on 7 May, 1790. He died circa 1798 in Amherst Co., VA. I have info on his eleven children if interested.
The Jane / Jennie Pamplin who married Captain John Wyatt was born 1690 in Rickling, Essex Co., England. She died ca. 1747 in Carolina Co., VA and was buried on the home plantation "Plain Dealing". Her dad, Nicholas, was different from the above founder. We don't know who his wife was. I have info on the 6 children of Capt. Wyatt and Jane/Jennie Pamplin as well as their descendants.
Let me know what else you might be looking for. How do you descend from Nicholas, the founder?