I am trying to piece to gether any information I can on this family.I am hoping that someone could lead me on the right trail where I can fill in the gaps to where I can learn more.
Gaylon L Powell
Generation No. 1
1. SAMUEL PARSONS died Abt. 1825 in Fayette County, Georgia. He married ANN ? 1783.
Children of SAMUEL PARSONS and ANN ? are:
2.i. ELIZABETH PARSONS, b. January 05, 1789; d. February 19, 1859, Tallapoosa County, Alabama.
3. ii. SUSANNAH PARSONS, b. Abt. 1797.
4. iii. SARAH PARSONS.
5. iv. SAMUEL B PARSONS.
6. v. LUCINDA PARSONS.
vi. JOHN PARSONS.
Generation No. 2
2. ELIZABETH PARSONS (SAMUEL) was born January 05, 1789, and died February 19, 1859 in Tallapoosa County, Alabama. She married WILLIAM H POWELL January 25, 1809 in Jasper County, Georgia, son of MOSES POWELL and SARAH MADDUX. He was born January 03, 1788 in Georgia, and died November 21, 1847 in Tallapoosa County, Alabama.
Children of ELIZABETH PARSONS and WILLIAM POWELL are:
i. SARAH POWELL, b. March 27, 1812; d. July 05, 1860; m. (1) WILLIAM LASSETER, Abt. 1828; d. 1844, Tallapoosa County, Alabama; m. (2) JOHN HORSLEY, September 27, 1849, Tallapoosa County, Alabama.
ii. MOSES POWELL III, b. December 04, 1814, Georgia; m. MARTHA GRAY, December 25, 1834, Tallapoosa County, Alabama; b. Abt. 1820, Georgia; d. 1894, Mississippi.
iii. PERMELIA POWELL, b. June 21, 1816; m. DAVIS MCLEROY, September 27, 1832; b. June 14, 1812.
iv. CLARENDAS POWELL, b. March 20, 1818.
v. LEROY POWELL, b. December 07, 1820, Jasper County, Georgia; d. June 22, 1859, Tallapoosa County, Alabama; m. SARAH E DENDY, December 09, 1839, Dadeville, Tallapoosa County, Alabama; b. Abt. 1822, Georgia; d. July 05, 1860, Tallapoosa County, Alabama.
vi. ELMIRA POWELL, b. December 10, 1823; d. September 02; m. JAMES A DENDY, September 23, 1847, Tallapoosa County, Alabama.
vii. ELIZABETH POWELL, b. April 20, 1826; d. February 26, 1872; m. BENJAMIN FLETCHER MADDUX, January 04, 1848, Tallapoosa County, Alabama; b. January 26, 1823; d. January 07, 1890.
viii. SUSANNAH POWELL, b. August 31, 1828; m. JONATHAN J PETERS, December 03, 1846, Tallapoosa County, Alabama.
ix. WILLIAM JASPER POWELL, b. February 05, 1830, Georgia; d. May 09, 1913, Waldrip, McCulloch County, Texas; m. (1) MARY ELIZABETH BRITTON, December 27, 1848, Troup County, Georgia; b. February 18, 1831, Georgia; d. Downsville, Union Parish, Louisiana; m. (2) ELIZABETH ANN EDWARDS, January 02, 1879; m. (3) MARY ALLINE ?, June 26, 1890, Brown County, Texas.
x. MARTHA POWELL, b. Abt. 1842.
3. SUSANNAH PARSONS (SAMUEL) was born Abt. 1797. She married THOMAS LLOYD January 05, 1815 in Jasper County, Georgia, son of JAMES LLOYD and ? ?.
Children of SUSANNAH PARSONS and THOMAS LLOYD are:
i. JASPER LLOYD.
ii. GEORGE LLOYD.
iii. THOMAS LLOYD.
iv. SAMUEL LLOYD.
v. LOUISE LLOYD.
vi. JAMES EMORY LLOYD.
vii. LUCINDA LLOYD.
viii. MARTHA LLOYD.
ix. SUSAN LLOYD.
x. WILLIAM MILTON LLOYD.
xi. JOSEPH LLOYD.
xii. BENJAMIN LLOYD.
4. SARAH PARSONS (SAMUEL) She married JAMES LLOYD, JR December 23, 1819 in Jasper County, Georgia, son of JAMES LLOYD and ? ?.
Child of SARAH PARSONS and JAMES LLOYD is:
i. JAMES LLOYD III, m. MARY PARSONS.
5. SAMUEL B PARSONS (SAMUEL) He married LUCY EASON.
Child of SAMUEL PARSONS and LUCY EASON is:
i. MARY PARSONS, m. JAMES LLOYD III.
6. LUCINDA PARSONS (SAMUEL) She married WILLIAM BOATRIGHT 1825 in Fayette County, Georgia.
Children of LUCINDA PARSONS and WILLIAM BOATRIGHT are:
i. DAUGHTER BOATRIGHT, b. 1828.
ii. JAMES M BOATRIGHT, b. 1828.
iii. CHESLEY BOATRIGHT.
iv. WILLIAM VAUGHN BOATRIGHT, b. 1833.
v. HARRIETT BOATRIGHT, b. 1836.
vi. JOHN BOATRIGHT, b. 1837.