I have Passmore in my backgound in the area you are looking, located in western NC. You probably already found a posting of the Passmore tree someone else assembled, but I will attach the top portion as I adjusted it (I found my ancestor misassigned to the wrong parent). If you wish an email, I can attach my on-line references for this adjustment. The 'AA' in the list shows where I inserted LATISHA PASSMORE.I also have an 1877 photo of Lou Tishia Passmore (Nelson) and her daughter Tempa Nelson saved on the computer - I could email attachment.I kinda consider this a tenuous famiily tree - not confident of absolute proof under rigorous invesigation. Jim Stepp
PASSMORE FAMILY TREE CORRECTED FROM DATA FOUND ON LINE
Generation No. 1
1.WILLIAM FRAZER2 PASSMORE(THOMAS1) was born 1760 in NC, and died 1855 in Cashiers, Haywood (Jackson) County, NC.He married DIANIAH ELLIOTT 17 Mar 1787 in Orange County, NC.She was born 1765.
Children of WILLIAM PASSMORE and DIANIAH ELLIOTT are:
2. i. JANE3 PASSMORE, b. 1790, NC; d. 13 Apr 1860, Anderson County, SC.
3. ii. ENOCH PASSMORE, b. 1795, Orange County, NC.
4. iii. JOHN PASSMORE, b. 14 Jul 1802, Ashe County, NC; d. 06 Jan 1876, Shooting Creek, Clay County,NC.
5. iv. WILLIAM FRANCIS PASSMORE, SR, b. 05 Dec 1805, Ashe (Alleghany), County, NC; d. 14 Aug 1873, Sweetwater, Clay County, NC.
6. v. THOMAS J PASSMORE, b. Abt. 1807, Ashe County, NC.
7. vi. ZACHARIAH PASSMORE, b. 1808, Ashe County, NC; d. 1864, Civil War.
Generation No. 2
2.JANE3 PASSMORE (WILLIAM FRAZER2, THOMAS1) was born 1790 in NC, and died 13 Apr 1860 in Anderson County, SC.She married JOSEPH WATKINS 1806 in Anderson County, NC.He was born 03 Apr 1783 in Rutherford County, NC.
Children of JANE PASSMORE and JOSEPH WATKINS are:
i. ANNIE4 WATKINS, b. 1808, Pendleton Dist, SC; m. ZEPHANIAH SMITH; b. 1811, SC.
ii. WILLIAM WATKINS, b. 25 Nov 1811, Pendleton Dist, SC.
iii. REBECCA WATKINS, b. 04 Jun 1816, Pendleton Dist, SC.
iv. JAMES ELLIOTT WATKINS, b. 17 Nov 1818, Pendleton Dist, SC.
v. JANE WATKINS, b. 1821, Pendleton Dist, SC.
vi. J. ALFRED WATKINS, b. 08 Mar 1822, Pendleton Dist, SC.
8. vii. SARAH ELIZABETH WATKINS, b. 1823, Pendleton Dist, SC; d. 1897.
viii. JOSEPH WATKINS, b. 17 Nov 1825, Pendleton Dist, SC; m. MARY XXXXX; b. 1827, SC.
3.ENOCH3 PASSMORE (WILLIAM FRAZER2, THOMAS1) was born 1795 in Orange County, NC.He married ALSA XXXXX.She was born 1803 in Surrey County, NC.
Children of ENOCH PASSMORE and ALSA XXXXX are:
9. i. G HARDEN4 PASSMORE, b. 1830, NC; d. 22 Feb 1851, Macon County, NC.
ii. SARAH A PASSMORE, b. 1831, Wilkes County, NC.
iii. LEVIRA PASSMORE, b. 1832, Wilkes County, NC.
iv. MARTHA PASSMORE, b. 1835.
v. SUSANNAH PASSMORE, b. 1838, Macon County, NC.
vi. MARY PASSMORE, b. 1840, Macon County, NC.
vii. LEANDER J PASSMORE, b. 1842, Macon County, NC.
viii. ELIJAH PASSMORE, b. 1845, Macon County, NC.
10. ix. LATISHA PASSMORE, b. 1847, Cherokee County, NC. (Delete, relisted as below besideAA >>)
4.JOHN3 PASSMORE (WILLIAM FRAZER2, THOMAS1) was born 14 Jul 1802 in Ashe County, NC, and died 06 Jan 1876 in Shooting Creek, Clay County,NC.He married (1) ELIZABETH HOLBROOK 1828, daughter of LARKIN HOLBROOK and SARAH SHECKLES.She was born Abt. 1805 in Burke County, NC, and died 05 Feb 1835 in Cherokee/ClayCounty, NC.He married (2) NANCY (HOGAN) GROOMS 15 Jun 1838 in Macon (Clay) County, NC.She was born 04 Feb 1809 in Cass, GA.
Children of JOHN PASSMORE and ELIZABETH HOLBROOK are:
11. i. MARION4 PASSMORE, b. 14 Jun 1829, Ashe County, NC; d. 08 Mar 1906, Shooting Creek, Clay County, NC.
AA>>LETISHA (aka. Letitia), b3 Aug 1830 Ashe County, NC
ii. FRANCIS PASSMORE, b. 1832, Surry County, NC.
iii. COLUMBUS PASSMORE, b. 9 Sept 1833Ashe County NC
iv. CALLOWAY PASSMORE, b. 29 Oct 1835; d. 16 Feb 1907, Shooting Creek, Clay County,NC.
12. v. WARREN PASSMORE, b. 1835.
vi. WILLIAM PASSMORE, b. 1835.
Children of JOHN PASSMORE and NANCY GROOMS are:
13. vii. ARMINDA4 PASSMORE, b. 05 Apr 1840, Cherokee (Clay) County, NC; d. 16 May 1923.
viii. NORMAN PASSMORE, b. 1842.
14. ix. SAMANTHA PASSMORE, b. 1845; d. 24 Mar 1898.
15. x. RENVY PASSMORE, b. 27 Oct 1848; d. Aug 1919, Hayesville, Clay County, NC
AA.LATISHA4 PASSMORE (JOHN3, WILLIAM FRAZER2, THOMAS1) was born 1829-30 in Cherokee County, NC.She married BERRY (Perry) NELSON.Husband died before 1880 and she and Columbus went to live with brother Calloway before 1880 census.
Children of LATISHA PASSMORE, born 1829-30 and died 1906 and BERRY (Perry) NELSON, born 1827 and died before 1880,are:
i. RICHARD NELSON, b. c1852mMary Huffman
ii. LAFAMA NELSON, B, c1854
iiiWILLIAM NELSON, b. c1858
iv. TEMPY E NELSON, b c1859mJames A. Pendergrass 9/19/1878
v. MORMAN (maybe Norman?) NELSON, b.1860
vi. COLUMBUS NELSON, b. c1862(not absolute on this one)
TEMPE (aka TEMPERANCE)ELIZABETHNELSON, born 11/26/1858,d 3/15/1915,.She marriedJames Archibald Pendergrassb. Dec 27, 1855d. Oct 16, 1904 in Canton, NC, buried at Old Siloam nearEbenezer Church, Old Fort, NC (my Stepp and Pendergrass ancestors are located about ½ mile apart in cemeteries at/near Ebenezer Church, Old Fort NC)
m. Tempa Elizabeth Nelson , Sept 19, 1878; b. 11/26/1858 d. 3/27/1915 (mom was Loutishia Passmoreb. 1821 (1829?), d. 1906) of Cherokee City, NC, her Dad might have been Berry Nelson .