In July, I worked on the volume 1 index database mentioned in my 1 July posting. I probably went through it at least three times to eliminate duplicate records, consolidate records for the same entity, and achieve consistent formatting. Recently, I noticed that the database is missing entries from chapter 11, which is the last chapter for volume 1. I corrected that error a few days ago and am now working on those entries. When I am finished with them, I will re-alphabetize the database, again eliminate duplicate entries, and consolidate records where possible. I have concluded that the reference I cited in my 1 July message is not altogether suitable for a family history that spans two countries (England and America). I now think I will use the indexing style used by the National Genealogical Society Quarterly Magazine. That will necessitate revising some formatting, but I think that the index will be easier to use as a consequence.