Last Friday, I received the second proof copy of my book. Inspection revealed that the printer had solved the brightness problem with the color pictures. Nevertheless, some color pictures did not print at all, supposedly due to a memory problem with the computer that operates the printer. The publisher tells me this will be fixed the next time around. Unfortunately, most of the text errors I had found in the previous proof copy had not been fixed. I suppose that the printer had focused attention on the color brightness problem. Today, I sent back the marked-up pages with a checklist to the publisher. I have been told to expect the next proof copy in early May. I hope this will be the final one.