During August, I finished indexing all the chapters and appendixes in volume II of my Pettus book. I then used the capability of Microsoft Word® to generate a combined index for the entire volume. Although Word accomplished in minutes what had taken me months to do on volume I using databases, the results left much to be desired. Time and again, I discovered the same heading repeated many times, often with only one subentry beneath it. Some entries were totally corrupted. In those cases, I had to go back to the referenced page to figure out what the entry should have been. I had to manually delete the redundant subject headings, consolidate redundant entries, and re-alphabetize the remaining entries under a common heading. I am now in the process of manually inserting information that distinguishes among persons with the same name and consolidating entries for various spellings of the same name. Of course, this is a very tedious process, but I am now about half done. I hope I can finish the index by the end of September. As one might expect, the process of indexing has revealed some problems with the text, itself. So, once I finish the index, I will have to make one last pass through the entire volume to make any necessary corrections. In the meantime, I have sold nearly 240 copies of volume I since I began soliciting subscriptions earlier this year, and I have orders in the mail for additional copies. I still have around 60 copies on hand. Anyone who would like a copy should contact me at his or her earliest opportunity. Many readers of volume I have sent me notes or e-mails complimenting my work and expressing their satisfaction with the book.