One thing I have learned the hard way is that getting a book ready for publication is a cyclic process. While working on the index, I sometimes noted and marked problems in the main text. After several cycles through the index, itself, I decided it was time to return to the main text and make the necessary corrections. Although I usually was able to fix the errors without changing the structure of a document, doing so was not always possible. In one case, some key pictures had somehow disappeared from a chapter. When I put the pictures back into the chapter, the additional space added another page. The first page of the next chapter began with that same page number, so I had to find a way to save just the right amount of space in the corrected chapter without impacting the index. Yesterday,I finished the text corrections to that chapter, and I am now updating the index. I still have to make mostly minor corrections to the other chapters and appendixes. One benefit of trying to save space is that the rewrite yielded a biography that was easier to read without losing anything important.