From the book "HISTORY AND BIOGRAPHY, COUNTIES OF WHITE AND PULASKI INDIANA. Historical and Biographical. Illustrated. Chicago; F. A. Battey & CO., Publishers. 1883." page 386, Big Creek Township, White County, Indiana
"JACOB PFISTER was born in Germany August 21, 1833, and is the youngest of seven children born to JOSEPH and MARY A. (HITZMAN) PFISTER, natives of the same country. In the spring of 1852, JACOB PFISTER came to the United States, stopping in Cicinnati a few months and then going into the interior of Hamilton County, where he learned carpentering. He afterward worked as journeyman with his former preceptor, both at Cincinnati and Dayton - at the latter place helping to build the aqueduct. In 1855, he came to Reynolds, this county, where he worked at his trade until 1875, when he bought the "PFISTER HOUSE", now known as the "JUNCTION HOUSE". In 1880, he bought and moved upon his present farm of 160 acres in this township. In the fall of 1862, MR. PFISTER enlisted in Company B, Fifty-second Indiana Volunteer Infantry. In December of the same year, the company was tranferred to the Thirty-second Regiment, and MR. PFISTER was assigned to Company G. He served until after the battle of Shiloh, in which he was severely wounded, and, in consequence, was discharged in the summer of 1863. September 19, 1869, he married CHRISTINA HILLER, a native of Baden, Germany, and a widow with four children. In 1872, MR. PFISTER was elected Trustee of Honey Creek Township and served one term. In the fall of 1876, he was elected County Commissioner, and re-elected in 1878. He is a Democrat and a member of the Catholic Church. MRS. PFISTER is a member of the Lutheran Church."