The book Pharrs and Farrs says that Mary Anne 2.2.6 Pharr mar. Alexander McEwen. This Mary was b. abt 1761 in NC. The son of Edward Pharr who's name was Ephraim had as I said a son name Ephraim. He had 4 daughters. 1. Mary Polly 2.3.10 b. 3 Dec 1786 who mar. James Bellah and they had 9 children. 2. Elizabeth Houlton 2.3.11 b. bet 1785-90 mar. William Patrick. They had no children. 3. Margaret 2.3.12 who mar. John Candor McLaughlin. They had 5 children.
1. Mary and James Bellah notes: 2.3.10(a)
Information on this line from the Bible in possession of Mrs. Fritz E. Heard of Covington, Georgia
Name: James, Rev BELLAH Birth: 13 June 1788 in Rowan County, N.C. 1 Death: 16 Jan. 1834 in , Newton County, Ga.
Of Newton County, Ga.Birth recorded in Bellah Family Bible, p214 of Angilia Author: Faye Dyess_Adm Date: 7 Jun 2001 12:00 PM GMT
Surnames: BELLAH, BYRD, LANGFORD, Middlebrooks, Cash
James and Mary Bellah married the twenty second day of October in the year of our Lord 1807.
James M. Bellah and Ann E. G. Byrd married the twenty fifth day of May in the year of our Lord, 1843.
James M. Bellah and Elizabeth Langford were married the 11th of December in the year of our Lord, 1845.
James Bellah was born the thirteenth day of June in the year of our Lord, 1788.
Mary Bellah was born the third day of December 1786.
Ephraim Phair Bellah was born the eleventh day of August 1808.
Samuel Steel Bellah was born the seventh day of September 1810.
James Morgan Bellah was born the twentieth of March 1816.
Mary Jane Bellah was born the 20th of May 1818.
Mariah Elizabeth Bellah was born the 10th of December in the year of our Lord, 1819.
Peggy Ann Bellah was born July 23rd, 1822.
Rachel Adeline Bellah was born the eleventh of February 1825.
Moses Alexander Bellah was born the 14th of July 1827.
Miranda Collinsworth Bellah was born the 16th day of October 1813.
Mary Ann Eliza Bellah, daughter of James M. and Elizabeth Bellah, was born the 15th of October 1846.
Claudia Mariah Elizabeth Bellah was born the 8th day of September 1848.
James Langford Bellah was born the 27th of January 1850.
Martha Luella Bellah was born the 1st day of August 1851.
James Morgan Bellah was born the 20th of March 1852.
James Langford Bellah died the 22nd of August 1815.
James Morgan Bellah died the 8th of November 1852.
Ephraim Phair Bellah deceased the 15th day of September 1809.
Mary Jane Bellah died August 6th, 1818.
Miranda C. Middlebrooks died Feb. 14, 1883.
P. G. Cash died April 30, 1884.
(Bible is in possession of Mrs. Fitz E. Heard, Covington, Ga.)
Father: Samuel, Sr. BELLAH b: 2 JAN 1752 in Rowan County,North Carolina
Mother: Jane MORGAN b: 16 June 1763 in N.C.
Anonymously contact submitters of tree data
Marriage 1 Mary PHARR b: 3 Dec 1786 in , Oglethorpe County, Ga.
Married: 22 Oct 1807 in , Oglethorpe County, Ga.
Ephraim Pharr BELLAH b: 11 Aug 1808 in , Newton County, Ga.
Samuel Steele, Rev BELLAH b: 7 Sept 1810 in , Newton County, Ga.
Miranda Collingsworth BELLAH b: 16 Oct 1813 in , Newton County, Ga.
James Morgan BELLAH b: 20 Mar 1816 in , Newton County, Ga.
Mary Jane BELLAH b: 20 May 1818 in , Newton County, Ga.
Maria Elizabeth BELLAH b: 11 Dec 1819 in , Newton county, Ga.
Mary Ann BELLAH b: 23 July 1822 in , Newton County, Ga.
Moses Alexander BELLAH b: 14 July 1827 in , Newton County, Ga.
Rachael Adaline BELLAH b: 11 Feb 1825
- 2.3.10 Pharrs and Farrs Mentioned in fathers will. Mary Pharr daughter of Ephraim Pharr and Jane Smith. The family lived in Morgan Co. Ga. in 1812. On 2/14/1814 she joined with her sisters, Elizabeth Holton Pharr and of Morgan Co. and Margaret Pharr of Oglethorpe Co. Ga. and in selling to Michael Powers for $200. part of the land formerly granted to Andrew McNabb and coveyed to Ephraim Phair, which was known as the Fork tract. James W. Bellah had died about (1834?) 1934 in Newton Co. where he was probley then living. His two oldest children being over 14 years of agecame into the courts as minor orphans and chose Alexander Pharr as their guardian. The courts then made the appointment and Alexander Pharr serving in this capacity until the youngest child was of age.
- On the 3 Oct. 1850 census for Newton County, Georgia 65th Sub. pg. 505, line 19, 1140/1140 Mary Bellah 62/f $2,000 head of family with James M. 33/m $1,000. Ga, Elizabeth 31/f, Munfred? 22/m, Mary 3/f, Claudia 2/f, James 5m.
2. Elizabeth and William Patrick notes: -2.3.11a Died from falling from a wagon.
He seems to have been married to a Lucy Hawkins who was born about 1771. No date of death on any of them.
On the 1830 census for Newton County, Georgia the William Patrick is between 70-80 years. There is one in Jackson County but has children.
-2.3.11 Mentioned in fathers will. No children.
-On the 1840 Newton County, Georgia Elizabeth Patrick males 5-10=1, 15-20=1, females 10-15=1, 15-20=2, 20-30=1, 40-50=1 seems about the right age.
3. Margaret and John McLaughlin notes: 2.3.12(a)
Also have him born 1 March 1794. Parents were Jenny or Jane Nichelson and David McLaughlin. The only John McLauglin I find is 1830 but mcu to old for him.
There is a David McLaughlin on the 1830 census for Oglethorpe County, Georgia pg. 101 line 16 David McLaughlin males 0-5=2, 5-10=1, 30-40=1, 50-60-1, females 0-5=1, 5-10=1, 30-40=1, good fit on John and family?
- 2.3.12 In 1824 Alexander Pharr made a deed to John C. McLaughlin and in 1839 he was Administrator for the Estate (Bk 2,p. 20 Ordinary Records Newton Co. Ga.)
The 4. daughter was Jemima 2.3.13 b. bet 1785 and 1790 no know mar. notes: - 2.3.12 Mentioned in fathers will.
Now that leaves there father and mother.
Ephraim 2.2.3 Pharr b. 8 Aug 1755 and d. 1798 as I said before in Lexington Ga. notes: - 2.2.3 Pharrs and Farrs Ephraim recorded his will 12 July 1798 in Oglethorpe Co. He list his wife as Jane, His daughters as Mary, Elizabeth, Margaret and Jemima and one son Ephraim.- 2.3.14 Info from Pharrs and Farrs. His Will is in book A pg. 78 at Lexington, Ga. dated 7/12/1798. recorded 10/2/1798. It is signed "Ephraim Phair" His wife Jane and Alexander McEwen are named as executors. He was a Revolutionary Soldier (See Lottery of Olgethorpe Co., Ga. 1804 p. 9) His wife had two draws as a wife of a Rev. soldier. His fathers will in 1793 left him with "one third of price of land that I sold to Nathanial Hicks and one ewe and one weather and 1/4 interest in a wagon.
His wife Jane Smith b. bef 1755 and d. after 1804. notes:
- 2.2.3a Mentioned in husband will.
Jane Phair is shown on the 1800 census for Boling Green Capt. Colliers Dist. Oglethorpe County, Georgia pg 4. males 0=10=2, females 0-10=1, 10-15=2, 16-25=1, 26=44=1, 45-up =1